Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the Amazon promotion sale, Indie sales have been scarce this week.  But I finally ended up with 5 sales, which was very slow.

So how many sales did you finally end up with?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
One two three four five, six seven eight nine ten, eleven twelve.  Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo ...

TWELVE!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Terrence OBrien said:
Monique,

Do you get a normal KDP book count on a free book?
Yes, the appear as units sold.

How I wish they were really sold!

In the last 4 days I've "sold" over 35K copies.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Monique said:
Yes, the appear as units sold.

How I wish they were really sold!

In the last 4 days I've "sold" over 35K copies.
Gotta get that sequel out! There'll be 35 thousand more people dying to read it! (I already am)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
intinst said:
Gotta get that sequel out! There'll be 35 thousand more people dying to read it! (I already am)
You are so wonderful! :)

I'm working a patootie off to get it out. Still some work, but getting closer! I recently (before the freebie) put an excerpt in the back and that seems to be paying off.

·
Registered
390 Posts
A measly three books this week, and this with a brand new title out (which hasn't sold one copy so far)!  I think I'm just about to give up.  Very discouraging.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
48 which is a slow week. Maybe the heatwave is having an affect.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think I got about 15. On a more positive note, The Charitable Baron is performing better than expected at Barnes & Noble. *shrug*

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Monique,

So how do you get Amazon to email a heads-up to those 35,000 people when the sequel debuts? I wonder if the "series" option in KDP has any effect.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Terrence OBrien said:
Monique,

So how do you get Amazon to email a heads-up to those 35,000 people when the sequel debuts? I wonder if the "series" option in KDP has any effect.
I wish I knew! You might be right that series option has a link in the "people who purchased X might be interested in Y" sort of emails and promotions, but...

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I'm releasing the sequel to The Last Pendragon (The Pendragon's Quest) in September and I uploaded a new version of TLP the other day mentioning that the sequel is coming.  Other than broadcasting on Twitter, FB, and my web page when the time comes, I don't really have any better ideas of how to let people know.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts