Kindle Forum banner

So, I was looking at the email caught in my spam filter...

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Jack C 
#1 ·
& I believe that I've found the best 'name for a new band' that I've ever seen in the subject line of a piece of spam.

What do you think?

I believe that I would go see them, if they came to my town to play.....they sound like a very hip group.

Take a look subjects of the email in your own spam filter....do any of them sound like band names?

Post your own!

See less See more
#7 ·
& I believe that I've found the best 'name for a new band' that I've ever seen in the subject line of a piece of spam
It's like Dave Barry invaded your inbox! He used to do that sort of thing a lot. As in: "Also, "Short Shrift" would make an excellent name for a band".

If you haven't read Dave Barry's Bad Songs book, you really should. But not while you're attempting to drink something. Especially coffee.

Here's a link, it hasn't been kindleized yet:
http://www.amazon.com/Dave-Barrys-Book-Bad-Songs/dp/0740706004/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230737046&sr=8-1
But it really really should be.

#8 ·
Dave Barry is hilarious.  I sorta wish he'd go back to a weekly column, but in a way it makes his one-off's that much better.  He had a recap of 2008 in Sunday's Washington Post Magazine -- oddly, it did not make it into my Kindle version -- but the paper is downstairs and I'll be off to read it if I ever get caught up here!

Ann

#10 ·
My personal favorite is the Vijagra and the Free Rolodexes. Woo hoo!

#11 ·
robin.goodfellow said:
My personal favorite is the Vijagra and the Free Rolodexes. Woo hoo!
  • You're right - that's a good one
  • The thing I don't get about an email like that: Someone, somewhere is running a business. He's trying to get people to buy his items. Does he really think that people who need Vijagra also need Free Rolodexes?

I mean...they couldn't figure out how to purchase Vijagra without being randomly notifed via email. Obviously, they hadn't managed to keep the number for their Dojctor or their pharjmacy. How useful will the rolodex be?

#13 ·
How useful will the rolodex be
Depends on how much time it loses every day. My grandfather bought one from a street vendor in New York (and Southern people have a reputation as gullible yokels. Ha!), and it loses like 20 minutes every day. At the end of ten days, he's back in last week.

#15 ·
Actually, if I remember correctly, it said "Rolfex" on the face. He was quite proud.  Always got an eye out for the deals, my grandfather has.

#17 ·
robin.goodfellow said:
...My grandfather bought one from a street vendor in New York (and Southern people have a reputation as gullible yokels. Ha!), and it loses like 20 minutes every day. At the end of ten days, he's back in last week.
:D

I believe I read somewhere that the 'Ersatz' was the best model money can buy. One day maybe I'll have one *hopefully looking into the future*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.