Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW HOW HOW does anyone on here balance their time?????????? When I am reading on my kindle I usually have several stray thoughts about what is happening on the boards, and vice versa when I am on the board I always think I should get off of here soon and read some of my books!

I dont know how I will EVER EVER get to all the books I need/want to read if I keep hanging around here! I need an intervention, except I dont know which is the bigger problem my kindle usage time or my kindleboards usage time! Ahhh how does anyone keep a balanced schedule!??

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
We don't, but we try.  I find myself here on the boards more often than not, but I do get to read as well, you just adjust your time as you get familiar with the threads and know which one you want to read.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
It helps if you can learn to get by on four hours sleep! (or less) ;)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
koolmnbv said:
HOW HOW HOW does anyone on here balance their time?????????? When I am reading on my kindle I usually have several stray thoughts about what is happening on the boards, and vice versa when I am on the board I always think I should get off of here soon and read some of my books!

I dont know how I will EVER EVER get to all the books I need/want to read if I keep hanging around here! I need an intervention, except I dont know which is the bigger problem my kindle usage time or my kindleboards usage time! Ahhh how does anyone keep a balanced schedule!??
I know what you mean. I was supposed to do several things done today, but I'm still working on the first item on my list of things-to-do. Been on the board most of the day. lol. I should get off now... ;D ...okay going..

·
Registered
704 Posts
My 24 yr old son asked me what I would do if I hadn't gotten a Kindle. My house could use some better cleaning.... but I would rather read or search for books. You should see my sample list... I am always checking for free and bargain books on here because I don't want to miss any!  This is an enjoyable forum to be part of.
kdawna

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
I'm finding that it helps to only be on KB while I'm having my morning tea.  And then again a little later for the second cup.  Sometimes again while I'm eating lunch, if I'm eating alone.  Occasionally again with afternoon tea.  And in the evenings I'm at the computer doing other things, so after each completed task I briefly check for new threads.  I tell myself that I wouldn't be doing anything else productive during my tea breaks anyway. 

Reading time...  alas, half an hour before bed only, and sometimes waiting time in doctor's offices and such.

Never enough time for the fun stuff!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh no you can't only read for one half hour a day.  You always need way more time than that.  I know that there is just way too many books to read and not nearly enough time.  I find myself doing nothing more than reading and looking up books on my Kindle.  Too many books, too little time.  I love the boards as well and I too find myself on them way too much.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
birdlady said:
I find myself doing nothing more than reading and looking up books on my Kindle.
Lucky you!!

But if one has a job, and classes, and a small child....

Actually, with DTB's, I would frequently read until I fell asleep over the book. I don't dare do that with the Kindle because I'm afraid I'll squash it or push it off the bed or something. So now I actually sensibly decide when I'm too tired, and turn out the lights and everything.

Getting more sleep because of the Kindle... another unexpected side effect! :D

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
It helps to be unemployed, as I've been lately.  There is never enough time for reading all the books though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts