Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious how many of us are doing this. It doesn't matter that I can have 30 or more books on my Kindle that are not read, I still have to buy more. I was the same way when I was reading paper books. I always had 30-50 books (or more) waiting for me to read them. Now they just don't clutter the place up.-I see a good book I want to read and think 'It will be there when I have time to get to it'. I read atleast 5 books a week so I like to have lots to choose from. Do I have problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
I have the same issue and I am supposed to be working on three different essays and a portfolio to do, but I want to order more books.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I think I have about 15 books in my "save for later", I have 4 samples (have not read one word yet) and about 6 downloaded books I have yet to start!  I am cutting myself off from buying anything else (besides on the 25th - The Pagan Stone  ;D) until I have finished everything on my kindle I have already downloaded OR I get some Amazon gift cards.   
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
If you look at the books in my house you'll see that probably 75% of them still have bookmarks in them and unfortunately, the same thing is starting to happen on my Kindle, too. I've started David Sedaris's new book When You Are Engulfed in Flames, Waiter Rant, Pillars of the Earth, The Reincarnationist, and A Redbird Christmas. Sedaris's book has been unfinished the longest (since summer). I am only a chapter or two into Pillars. The Reincarnationist was free so if I never get back to it, no big deal. I just started Redbird yesterday so that doesn't really qualify as abandoned (yet) but I have gotten started on another one Ransom, by Lee Rowan which is grabbing me more than the others have, so far.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
I always have lots of books waiting to be read.  Did that with paper books and I am doing it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
I'm the exact same way. Thank God I'm not the only one.

But stuff like Feedbooks.com and other free books make it easy for me to control my addiction. I can go wild without spending too much.

I'm a fast reader though, so not finishing books generally isn't an issue for me. If I don't finish a book, it's because it sucks and couldn't hold my interest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to know it's not only me. I tried to cut myself off but then I see a deal or book that sounds really good and there I go again! ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,141 Posts
soapy70 said:
Glad to know it's not only me. I tried to cut myself off but then I see a deal or book that sounds really good and there I go again! ::)
That's me exactly. I thought I had gotten my Kindle book buying under control (except for freebies, of course). Then some of Stephen King's older books dropped in price, and I bought them because I thought it might be a special just for Halloween. Then I joined this board, and people keep posting books that are really cheap, and I just buy them, because they're super cheap. And now I'm going to have to get a T-shirt. Kindleboards.com is evil :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That it exactly. I have a list of books I want when they come out then I find out about a good deal and have to have it. Yesterday it was the Janet Evanovich books. For 2.50 how could I resist that? -I even told my husband about the t-shirts.ha.ha. That will be next on my list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Personally, I've only bought two books for my Kindle, I downloaded plenty, but I told myself that I'm not going to buy any new books until I read a book that I bought.

It seems to work out okay, until I find cheap reads for under a dollar or two...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
soapy70 said:
Glad to know it's not only me. I tried to cut myself off but then I see a deal or book that sounds really good and there I go again! ::)
ditto!! I have more on the kindle than I will be able to read in the next couple of months and yet... makes it even more important that I stick to my buying plan... if there is not a balance on my Amazon gift card, then no more books!! Good thing Chirstmas is coming up!! hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
marianner said:
That's me exactly. I thought I had gotten my Kindle book buying under control (except for freebies, of course). Then some of Stephen King's older books dropped in price, and I bought them because I thought it might be a special just for Halloween.
Marianner,
Did you see that The Talisman, by Peter Straub and Stephen King, is only $1.99? I'd never heard of this book before, and don't know if it's any good. But when I came across it in the Kindle store and saw the price and the very good reviews I just had to snag it.

And, to respond to the OP, yes, I'm just as much of a Kindle book packrat as I was (am) a paper book packrat. But at least I don't feel guilty about the Kindle packratty-ness since there's no clutter and (so far) > 95% of the books I've collected are free downloads!

-Xia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Xia said:
Marianner,
Did you see that The Talisman, by Peter Straub and Stephen King, is only $1.99? I'd never heard of this book before, and don't know if it's any good. But when I came across it in the Kindle store and saw the price and the very good reviews I just had to snag it.
I'm not a Stephen King fan, but some people at work talked me into it. The Talisman tends more toward the fantasy side. I not only read The Talisman, but then read the sequel, Black House. Both were good, but not good enough for me to read again. If you like Stephen King, you'll like these books.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,459 Posts
soapy70 said:
I was just curious how many of us are doing this. It doesn't matter that I can have 30 or more books on my Kindle that are not read, I still have to buy more. I was the same way when I was reading paper books. I always had 30-50 books (or more) waiting for me to read them. Now they just don't clutter the place up.-I see a good book I want to read and think 'It will be there when I have time to get to it'. I read atleast 5 books a week so I like to have lots to choose from. Do I have problem?
No.
;D

Betsy
(did you think I would say anything else? LOL!)
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top