Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can't order the Oberon cover for Hercules yet, (my new DX) I am impatient for an Oberon cover.  I am thinking maybe I should order a journal, but I don't really journal.  Maybe I should start to journal??  We are expecting our first grandchild (a baby girl!) in October, so maybe keeping a journal would be a good thing.  She can bring my journal for show and tell one day at school... I was thinking the Three Graces would be good for that; something feminine and "girlie" .  I also need a notebook for my knitting notes.  I am an avid knitter and make notes all the time about patterns, ideas I have, yarn info;, etc.  So, I need to pick out an appropriate cover for that.  Then I have this ratty old thing I bought in the grocery store to jot down stuff I need to know; just general stuff like passwords, important addresses, and website names, etc. I keep that at home by my computer.  I decided what I really need, (as opposed to want) is a small address book for my purse.  Does anyone have one of those?  Is it heavy?  Will it weigh down my purse even  more than it already is?  That would be something that I would use every day. Of course, a large address book would be cool for my desk also, however how many address books does one actually need?  Especially if I have a cell phone with addresses in there.  As you can see, I need my own Oberon store.  Does anyone have the notebook that Oberon makes?  I have hundreds of knitting patterns that could go in one of those.  Hmmm...  then a card case would be good for charge cards.  A portfolio would be good to hold notes for work, but maybe heavy to carry around and maybe a bit too noticeable since I try not to stand out too much for the kind of work I do.  I don't even own an Oberon, yet I am already obsessed.  You people will be the death of me!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
I know how you feel. I have a small journal and a large journal, and I love them so much I am trying to think of a reason I could use another one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Your post is too funny.  You really are obsessed.  Oberon will love you.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
I'm so with you on the Oberons.  I can't really answer any of your questions since I've only owned a K2 cover.  I too have considered journals (I don't journal), check book covers (we hardly use checks), organizer (I do organize, maybe this is my answer!!) and the purses (I already have one on my Christmas list - please Santa come through for me)!!!  Luckily for me my new velcro Pond in sky blue K2 cover should be here tomorrow (I hope, it's in Salt Lake City right now OTW to Billings, MT ....) so my craving for Oberon will be temporarily satiated - good luck to you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,691 Posts
I got a chuckle from your post too and I can relate.  When I saw that Peacock journal I knew I had to have it........yet I haven't kept a journal for at least 10 yrs.  I ordered it w/the promise that I would start journaling again (have to justify the purchase somehow)  I also ordered my first K2 cover (have 2 for K1) and if I get a DX will probably get a cover for that too.  I also have a card case, use it for traveling b/c I like to travel very light.  Good luck figuring out what you want/need!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
LOL. I have had an Oberon journal for going on 6 years, but honestly only began using it in the last 3 months. I had bought it because I thought it was beautiful and had planned on using it as a journal...but alas, my dedication was not long lived.

I started using it hardcore when I started a project where I was attending a lot of meetings where they did not want us using computers in the meetings. I had been using notebooks but then I ended up with 4 different notebooks with my notes all over the place. Now I carry my beloved Oberon journal everywhere with me at work.

I don't yet have one for my Kindle, I am awaiting the new designs, as there has not yet been a design that I loved enough to brave the "look" my DH will give me when it arrives. The only one I have that feeling about, I already have in my journal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Rhiathame said:
LOL. I have had an Oberon journal for going on 6 years, but honestly only began using it in the last 3 months. I had bought it because I thought it was beautiful and had planned on using it as a journal...but alas, my dedication was not long lived.

I started using it hardcore when I started a project where I was attending a lot of meetings where they did not want us using computers in the meetings. I had been using notebooks but then I ended up with 4 different notebooks with my notes all over the place. Now I carry my beloved Oberon journal everywhere with me at work.

I don't yet have one for my Kindle, I am awaiting the new designs, as there has not yet been a design that I loved enough to brave the "look" my DH will give me when it arrives. The only one I have that feeling about, I already have in my journal.
Just curious about which journal you have in which color? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so I just ordered a large Seaside journal in fern.  It was a tough, tough decision.  The reason why I chose this particular cover was because I was trying to find something meaningful to me. All the covers are beautiful, but I needed something that would be ME.  So, I scrolled down the pages and found no knitting needles on the cover.  No dogs, either. (Can't really see dogs on the Celtic Hounds cover, are there dogs on it?)  No babies... need a cute chubby baby in the blue cover. No lovely pieces of French chocolate, nor a small cup of expresso coffee.  So, while thinking about my choices I gazed out the window and what did I see??  I saw the beautiful blue ocean with waves lapping up on the shore.  (well, they weren't really lapping, but they were sort of) and bingo!  What better cover than the Seaside?  The sand, the dunes, wow, perfect.  The color was a problem. I am not a great fan of saddle so I chose the fern.  I think that they should have it in the blue, but they didn't.  So if we ever move (over my dead body) I will have my beautiful seaside journal to remind me of my home by the sea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
nancyney said:
Okay, so I just ordered a large Seaside journal in fern. It was a tough, tough decision. The reason why I chose this particular cover was because I was trying to find something meaningful to me. All the covers are beautiful, but I needed something that would be ME. So, I scrolled down the pages and found no knitting needles on the cover. No dogs, either. (Can't really see dogs on the Celtic Hounds cover, are there dogs on it?) No babies... need a cute chubby baby in the blue cover. No lovely pieces of French chocolate, nor a small cup of expresso coffee. So, while thinking about my choices I gazed out the window and what did I see?? I saw the beautiful blue ocean with waves lapping up on the shore. (well, they weren't really lapping, but they were sort of) and bingo! What better cover than the Seaside? The sand, the dunes, wow, perfect. The color was a problem. I am not a great fan of saddle so I chose the fern. I think that they should have it in the blue, but they didn't. So if we ever move (over my dead body) I will have my beautiful seaside journal to remind me of my home by the sea.
Wonderful choice!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,270 Posts
I came very close to ordering the large sky blue ROH journal last night but stopped myself.  I don't write a journal, but I do keep a notebook for lists, ideas, something to write in when I'm on the phone, etc.

There may be one of these journals in my future, but I didn't order last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Good job, you guys. I just joined the board an hour ago and I'm already 80 dollars out. I haven't even looked farther than the Oberon K2 covers, but I have a pretty good feeling they will have more that I will have to order. There goes my rainy day fund. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Jessi said:
Good job, you guys. I just joined the board an hour ago and I'm already 80 dollars out. I haven't even looked farther than the Oberon K2 covers, but I have a pretty good feeling they will have more that I will have to order. There goes my rainy day fund. :D
Welcome!

You seem easily enabled. ;D we'll take good cate of you. Don't forget to check out DecalGirl skins, the Mighty Bright booklight, Peeramid book pillows, and Borsa Bella Bags.

Once we've got you hooked up there, we'll point you to the Kitchenaide miners, rice cookers, coffee makers, and ice cream makers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Welcome!

You seem easily enabled. ;D we'll take good cate of you. Don't forget to check out DecalGirl skins, the Mighty Bright booklight, Peeramid book pillows, and Borsa Bella Bags.

Once we've got you hooked up there, we'll point you to the Kitchenaide miners, rice cookers, coffee makers, and ice cream makers.
HAHA! My K2 came with a skin, but I'm looking to replace it because it isn't really my style. I posted in the thread about the Borsa Bella Bags, those are amazing. I need to find out about how much I need to save to buy one of those. I'm a pharmacy technician in training... don't make the "big bucks" until I get a certification. But I am in the market for a pretty great rice cooker. :p Thanks for the magnificent welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Jessi said:
Good job, you guys. I just joined the board an hour ago and I'm already 80 dollars out.
ROTFL!! I was the same way... Having a blast with so many fun, equally devoted (I prefer that word to "obsessed") folks!

Welcome!!

Kim
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top