Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see if my book was showing up by title in Google (it is) and when I went to click a link it took me to a page on amazon labeled:

Books › Romance › "Science Fiction / Fantasy (Young Adult)"
"Science Fiction / Fantasy (Young Adult)" where my book is listed second.

Is this a big enough deal to take a screen shot to show my kids (who are out playing) or is it a pretty normal thing when you have such narrowly defined categories?  I can already see them rolling their eyes and going, "Mom, give it a rest with your book."  Apologies if this kind of questions gets asked all the time.  I couldn't locate a thread to answer my question. ???

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Definitely awesome.  I still get a kick out of seeing my books show up anywhere.  I have a few books available in print and I still get a huge kick out of walking into a bookstore and seeing my book on the shelves.  I wonder if the "big" authors still get a kick out of it and then have their friends and relatives take photos of them with the books?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, it is a big deal. Whether your kids care or not, is another matter. They should. In my entire extended family, no more than five are remotely interested in my writing ... or anyone's writing for that matter.  My kids are small, so I just tell them I'll buy a sundae for every book I sell. Now they can't stop asking. "Did you sell a book? Did you? Did you? Did you?" "Nope. Go eat some carrots."

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys, for the encouragement.  I did think it was pretty cool.  It's just hard to know what is normal, what isn't any big deal, when you are brand new.  My kids are actually very supportive, especially when there's a frozen dessert involved. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Print it out and staple it on their doors. haha.  ;D They should be proud of you and want to share your joy. I have a 20 year old son who loves to read and we have many discussions about my writing, about my cover art and what I want to change or do next. Then I have a 19 year old son who will only talk about video games. He doesn't read that much anymore, although as a kid he read like crazy. Some people, kids especially, don't have an interest. My daughter is just tickled pink about me publishing my writing, too. :) She's ten and already a reading machine.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andrew Biss said:
:eek: Number one! Way to go! Definitely prt sc time!
I probably didn't get enough sleep, but I can't for the life of me decipher "prt sc" and, I mean, if prt sc is a good thing, I definitely want me some, right?
;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bryan R. Dennis said:
My kids are small, so I just tell them I'll buy a sundae for every book I sell. Now they can't stop asking. "Did you sell a book? Did you? Did you? Did you?" "Nope. Go eat some carrots."
Can't. Stop. Laughing. I love this!

And yes, definitely a big deal! Print that screen and savour it. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts