Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kindle arrived yesterday. Wouldn't you know it, I was out all morning and part of the afternoon running errands. I arrived home with about a million shopping bags and saw the Amazon package and the package from Decal Girl on the front steps. First I had to walk my dogs and put away groceries and other stuff and then finally, chores completed, I took Kindle 2 out of the package. Wow, I'm so thrilled. Kindle 2 is everything I expected. I've named him Sunny Kindle Evans. We have not had time to get fully acquainted yet. In fact, I'm a little afraid even to apply the skin since I'm really bad at technical stuff. And yes, even applying a skin is technical to me. My Oberon cover isn't here yet, but that's one thing I think I can handle okay. Meanwhile, I'm just basking in the excitement and making plans to do lots and lots of reading. And buying all the gear Sunny deserves. I found myself looking at Borsa Bella bags today and I'm already wondering if I need an extra skin and a book light.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Congrats on your new Kindle!  I could feel the excitement in your post as I read it and I concur, you will love it and wonder how you ever lived without it!  Treat yourself to a BB Bag and get yourself a booklight too.......then you'll be all set.  As far as putting on your skin, do it when you have no distractions and go slow.  Try putting on the small pieces first so you get a feel for it.  You can re-position if you make a mistake, but don't pull/tug on it too much or you'll stretch it out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
LCEvans said:
First I had to walk my dogs and put away groceries and other stuff and then finally, chores completed, I took Kindle 2 out of the package.
You have some serious self control. I could not have completed my chores first (well maybe the dog part) ;) Congratulations. You and Sunny will become lifelong friends.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the skin on last night with the help of my eight-year-old grandson. Good thing the kid was there. I didn't realize the small pieces on the side were supposed to go on the control buttons until he pointed out that they had words on them for Home, Menu, etc. And to think, I was about to throw the button covers away. Anyway, Sunny looks fabulous in his new green Apocalypse skin.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You and Sunny are at the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Congrats on your new addition to your family. I know you'll love it!

Way off the subject.....Intinst, I want to be where your avatar photo was taken. Just had to finally say that. Every time I look at a post of yours, my heart skips a beat. I LOVE the ocean, and that photo is beautiful and serene! It's a true "Calgon moment" in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I thought Sunny was a good name because it makes me feel happy and serene and the Apocalypse skin shows that Sunny has a tough side. Just one thing--I didn't do the sun fade test because we've had rainy weather all week here and I couldn't wait. Besides, I decided that I hate sitting in the sun to read since it's too bright for my eyes and it can get too hot here in the south, so I don't care if my Sunny has a sun fade issue. I guess I'll never know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
LCEvans said:
My Kindle arrived yesterday. Wouldn't you know it, I was out all morning and part of the afternoon running errands. I arrived home with about a million shopping bags and saw the Amazon package and the package from Decal Girl on the front steps. First I had to walk my dogs and put away groceries and other stuff and then finally, chores completed, I took Kindle 2 out of the package. Wow, I'm so thrilled. Kindle 2 is everything I expected. I've named him Sunny Kindle Evans. We have not had time to get fully acquainted yet. In fact, I'm a little afraid even to apply the skin since I'm really bad at technical stuff. And yes, even applying a skin is technical to me. My Oberon cover isn't here yet, but that's one thing I think I can handle okay. Meanwhile, I'm just basking in the excitement and making plans to do lots and lots of reading. And buying all the gear Sunny deserves. I found myself looking at Borsa Bella bags today and I'm already wondering if I need an extra skin and a book light.
lol, mine is named Sunny too!! my first skin had a sunflower on it, which prompted the name in the first place, and then when I ordered my custom skin, I thought it looked like board shorts and a sunset at the same time, so it just cemented it for me. I've had my K2 almost 2 months and I don't know how I managed before. I don't think I could ever go back to just strictly DTB's. I was reading one at the beach a few weeks ago and came across a word I didn't know, and actually reached for my little joystick so I could highlight it and look it up, to no avail lol. Also, reading in bed is so much more comfy, I think.

and also, if you get a book light, I would definitely recommend a Mighty Bright XtraFlex. especially if you're using it at home, because you can get an AC adapter so you don't waste batteries. AND, BorsaBella bags are awesome. I love mine. and she does custom orders, too, so if you'd rather do your own fabric, it's not that much more expensive. I think mine cost me maybe $5-$10 extra and that included shipping the fabric I picked to her. Melissa rocks. :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
LCEvans said:
Congratulations! Your post brought back fond memories of those early moments of expectation and first opening of that box and the thrill of first turning it on. I loved that feeling. Have fun.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the tip about the book light. The Mighty Bright sounds like it will work great for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts