Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and he is all excited. Asking if I knew about the K2 and how he got a special email from amazon because he had a K1 on order since right before Christmas. I said yep I got one for owning a K1(BTW he was the one who bought me Phoebe!) that I could have preordered one.

He then asked if I wanted a K2 his treat and I said nope :D But I'd take a rain check for a K3 8)

My mom gets on the extension and says that since I didn't want the 2nd one she was going to take it LOL :D So my parents will be a 2 K2 household.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Wow, nice dad! Mine's pretty generous but I think he'd balk at buying me a 359 dollar device.

·
Registered
723 Posts
chobitz said:
...and he is all excited. Asking if I knew about the K2 and how he got a special email from amazon because he had a K1 on order since right before Christmas. I said yep I got one for owning a K1(BTW he was the one who bought me Phoebe!) that I could have preordered one.

He then asked if I wanted a K2 his treat and I said nope :D But I'd take a rain check for a K3 8)

My mom gets on the extension and says that since I didn't want the 2nd one she was going to take it LOL :D So my parents will be a 2 K2 household.
Tell your Dad I am available for adoption...

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikuto said:
Wow, nice dad! Mine's pretty generous but I think he'd balk at buying me a 359 dollar device.
Well he knows I am a bookworm and a gadget fiend. My birthday is in May so thats why he was going to get me one.

I told him I would rather have a Keurig coffee maker(with the MyKups and a carousal for the KKups) instead. He said I am an odd child...LOL

·
Registered
788 Posts
chobitz said:
Well he knows I am a bookworm and a gadget fiend. My birthday is in May so thats why he was going to get me one.

I told him I would rather have a Keurig coffee maker(with the MyKups and a carousal for the KKups) instead. He said I am an odd child...LOL
I was an odd child too. Turns out I'm an odd adult as well ;)

But that's cool. My dad actually told me recently to ask him for money. I don't actually NEED extra money, but he's apparently bursting at the seams with it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
LOL my pops has a heart attack spendin 10 bucks on a paperback book. No way he would buy a book reader for 350 lol.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mikuto said:
I was an odd child too. Turns out I'm an odd adult as well ;)

But that's cool. My dad actually told me recently to ask him for money. I don't actually NEED extra money, but he's apparently bursting at the seams with it.
My parents are odd about that. I wouldn't dare ask for money from them but giftcards and presents are fine!

Anyway I now know what to buy my dad for fathers day and his birthday..amazon cards.

Benjamin said:
LOL my pops has a heart attack spendin 10 bucks on a paperback book. No way he would buy a book reader for 350 lol.
My dad is a huge bookworm while he likes getting his books the day they come out he hated buying hardbacks. So he got a kindle.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neversleepsawink;) said:
Very cool parents you have :D
Nah its more like we have a better relationship since I moved far away...
He is a technophobe though so I AM kinda surprised he wanted a kindle though he DID try to steal Phoebe last christmas!

·
Registered
260 Posts
chobitz said:

Wait. I didn't get an email for owning a K1. I only found out about the preorder deal because I saw it on Amazon and Kindleboards. Why didn't I get an email?!?

·
Registered
289 Posts
chobitz said:
Oooh, chobitz, I LOVE my Keurig (granted, not as much as my Kindle or my iPhone, but it's still a top 5 for me). Be aware that a "normal" cup of morning coffee might require the brewing of 2 k-cups, as the servings per k-cup are rather small. You can brew a 1.5 serving, but it tends to make the coffee a bit weaker.

My mother gifted me with my Kindle (after I got my father to purchase one for her), so I can appreciate the parents wanting to "spread the Kindle joy".

·
Registered
599 Posts
Lol! My dad's the one who bought me my Kindle for Christmas (which is now automatically a K2 since I've been on backorder since December) despite the fact that he's a technophobe. It took my brother and I YEARS to talk him into getting a cell phone! I know I'm never going to hear the end of "It's not the same as reading a REAL book..."

·
Registered
115 Posts
chobitz said:
That's like my house. It's the only way I could convince my wife for me to get one... she wanted one too.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Wannabe said:
Wait. I didn't get an email for owning a K1. I only found out about the preorder deal because I saw it on Amazon and Kindleboards. Why didn't I get an email?!?
I think there's probably an email list you have to be signed up for. Check your subscriptions at amazon.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ELDogStar said:
Tell your Dad I am available for adoption...

Thanks,
Eric
Haha, put me down on the waiting list as well.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Chobitz,

I have to ask (please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just really curious)...You're not even willing to order the K2 to see if it will work for you? Not even if someone else is willing to buy it for you? What do you have to lose if you don't like it? What if you order it and discover that the buttons are still the perfect size for you to use? What if you discover that the inward flexing buttons are just as intuitive as the current buttons? Don't you already read with your current Kindle in a cover? I suspect I'll need a cover because of the thin design and my arthritis, but I won't know until I try.

Again, please don't take this the wrong way. You can tell me to shut up and go away, really :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You can tell them I am an orphan and my Bday is in May also -- course I am probably the same age or older than your parents but they could still adopt me  ::)  My parents were huge readers and they would have done the same thing and they would for sure have been a 2 Kindle household AND a 2 Kindle 2 household if my mom had a say in it (and she always did lol)

That is one thing - hubby isn't a reader so he doesn't see the need for it at all - but heck I don't see a need to have a house full of guns either (btw he is a competitive shooter and gun dealer and gun smith)  so I guess it is all in what you like right hehehe

btw no way I could have refused that offer!!  I love my K1 and my biggest debate -- other than should I order the new one - is should I keep the first one or sell it after I get the second one ....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts