Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B&N has my books listed twice - one from PubIt via Dead Face Publishing (my publishing name) and then one via Smashwords.  I contacted B&N and they said I need to contact Smashwords... should I take my books off of the .epub format on Smashwords?  I fear that doing that I won't be listed in the other places (Sony, Apple) and hurt myself BUT I don't want my books to be listed again and again on B&N - it just looks unprofressional.

Any advice?

-jb 8)

·
Registered
547 Posts
No, keep the format. You just need to go into Distribution Channel Manager at Smashwords and uncheck B&N. It's in the lefthand sidebar on your dashboard.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES!  AWESOME!  Thank you SOOOOO much for that.  Takes a load off my back now - haha! :)

-jb 8)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I've had this happen to one of my books when I forgot to opt out of B&N distribution on Smashwords. Thankfully, the problem is easily solved. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just curious, but what are the downsides to having duplicate titles on B&N (granted that if one's available free, and you're fine with that)?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Elijah Joon said:
Just curious, but what are the downsides to having duplicate titles on B&N (granted that if one's available free, and you're fine with that)?
1. Buyer/reader possible confusion.
2. Reviews not being shared between the listings (?)
3. Longer time to update (the Smashwords to premium market) sale pages than the ones you control through Pubit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts