Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and they'll turn nine weeks old tomorrow. She still lets them belly up to the buffet from time to time, and this morning all six got in for a midmorning snack.

My wife got a couple of pictures I thought I'd share. :)

(mama's belly is shaved because she was spayed on Tuesday)

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Oh Oh Oh STRIPEYS STRIPEYS My favorite kind.

I want them all. Ahhhh. They look like my 2 stripey boys. I think I am in love. They look especially like my younger one. Including the scraggly tails  ;D

I just want to throw my arms around that pile of cuteness  ;D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
They're so cute! How wonderful that you are fostering them and their mother.  :)  Hope all the kitties find good forever homes.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Oh, so cute! Mother-cat looks so contented and tolerant.

Our Sura was from a litter of seven (i.e. one more than there are nipples for). He'd been the runt, but by the time we got him he'd caught up with the others by being pushy. Food was always a very important part of his life. :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ann Herrick said:
They're so cute! How wonderful that you are fostering them and their mother. :) Hope all the kitties find good forever homes.
Fostering is awesome because we have a virtually never-ending stream of kittens coming through here, even in the winter. In addition to mama Maggie and her six right now, we've also got three little girls in another room. Maggie likes to spend time in there with them, and treats them like her own (even to the point of letting them nurse).

Of course, the downside to fostering is that you end up keeping so many of them because you fall in love. :)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
AWWWWW!!!  I have one just like that too, I got her at 10 weeks.  Pictures like this always make me want another one!  Mine is 8.  Thanks for sharing pictures, and thank you for fostering them! 

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Well Done "Momma Stripe"

Beautiful, healthy babies.....

Needless to say, NapCat is just all agog !!  Purrrrrrrrrrr

(Cats make parenting look so easy and natural.....why can't "Wal-Mart Moms" ??

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
So gorgeous - I'd love another little kitten but with two puppies and an adult cat at the moment I have my hands a bit full, still, so tempting

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you guys are enjoying the pictures. :)

In sadder news, I'm about to take a (mostly) stray to the vet, and I'm really worried we're going to have to have him put down. He's gaunt, and sick, and our concern is that he's going to test positive for FIV. He won't be the first, and if he's got it, he won't be the last, but things like this truly suck. Definitely not the way you want to start any day.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Love the picture! Stray/feral kitties often nurse offspring for months...literally...which helps keep Moma Cat from getting preggers right away. Love it that she shares the milk bar with the other kittens.

Paws crossed on your other kitty that it's something fixable and not FIV. *sigh* In an "only" home with lots of support those guys can have a decent life for a time but in a shelter/foster situation it's sooooooo hard. No easy choices. Bless your heart for fostering.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.