Kindle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4379 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after reading several book samples, I finally found one that intrigued me enough to buy. It is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Really enjoying it so far.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have that book sampled on my Kindle. I've heard good things about it but haven't read it yet. Keep us posted!

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Good morning LuckyRainbow,
I have that on my wish list. I read Talking With The Dead yesterday, a freebie. It is a mystery with some romance thrown in, probably wouldn't have bought it but it was a quick, easy read. I started Baby Shark last night and am enjoying it very much. The first book I read on my Kindle was The Book Thief which was recommended by someone on Amazon forum, it was beautifully written and a good book.

Linda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have also read Talking With the Dead, although I enjoyed it, I am really glad I got it for free.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I'm reading Leslie's FAQ--really informative!!!

Betsy
Hahahah, thank you!

I am reading The Reincarnationist by MJ Rose, last week's freebie but I will admit, I've gotten a little sidetracked by a guilty pleasure book. ::)

L

·
Registered
48 Posts
Buttercup,

I really enjoy all of Koontz works, the Odd series is really enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to the next one.

Right now I'm reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
TheJohnNewton said:
That's nothing compared to what the people over on the paperforlife.com board said when I told them I got a Kindle. :D
Hahahaha, paperforlife? You've got to be kidding... ;D

L

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm also reading The Reincarnationist.  It's good - and better, it's was free!!!  I have downloaded so many chapters to sample though, I'm having a hard time deciding what to read next.  Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Finished Pride and Prejudice for the 3rd time: sorry can't help it...I'm a classics junkie.

Starting the reincarnationist-- My saying:  If it's free, it's for me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm also reading "Brisingr". I was naughty and downloaded the Kindle version to read, even though I had the dead tree version.  ::) I've got sample chapters of "Dewey", "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", and "The Other Queen". I also grabbed "Reincarnationist" while it was free. I'm also in the middle of Leslie's FAQ book and Stephenie Meyer's "Midnight Sun" excerpt.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
You know, I wish I could autograph all your books...thanks everyone, your support really means a great deal to me! I appreciate it.

L

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm so far behind on my reading that I'm still on Thanks, but No Thanks (the book about Sarah Palin that was free a few weeks ago).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Fred3: Clive Cussler is good, but IMHO his early works are the best, which unfortunately are not out in Kindle version yet.

Right now I'm reading a SciFi First to fight: Book One of Starfist by David Sherman and Dan Cragg.

BK (before Kindle) I read SciFi, Mystery/Thriller, Spy, Adventure, some Fantasy and a little Fiction but I found since I got Joy in my hands that I don't narrow my choices anymore and with the free book sites I have rediscovered some old friends and books that I never would have gotten the chance to read otherwise. Yay Joy!

Sheryl

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hah. Yesterday I had to fill my gas tank up, and I estimated 60 dollars for the whole thing. Imagine my surprise and delight when it only took 43 dollars! So, of course, I immediately turned my Kindle on and spent the leftover 17 dollars on books. Specifically, books by.. Lisa Kunitz? Or something like that. Romance books set in historical England. I'm quite enjoying them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Currently, The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. While it's too early to tell I do not think that I'm going to like this book nearly as much as The Secret Life of Bees.

Seeing as how my list is so short I might as well include what I've read and will be reading.

Books I've read on the Kindle.

Truth and Consequences by Linda Winfree (I got this solely because it was free and I got what I paid for. :mad:)
1984 by George Orwell
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (My favorite Kindle book so far, actually, likely one of the best books I've ever read.)
Animal Farm by George Orwell

Books I'll be reading next.

A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

1 - 20 of 4379 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.