Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a huge list for 2021, and the start has been promising. Have finished reading 2 books and recently read a sci-fi novel - Binti. Currently, I'm reading Elizabeth Kolbert's - The Sixth Extinction. It is a beautiful book that sketches the previous five fascinating yet scary mass extinctions and extrapolates it to a probable sixth. However, the vast difference is that the sixth extinction is perpetrated and would be experienced by humans. It is an important read for the young and the old. If book reading is not likely, one can look at the sixth extinction summary for a detailed precursor of the book and our future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Original Persian Poem book of Masnavi Maulana Jalalu'Din Muhammad Balkhi (Rumi)

Masnavi consists of 26,000 verse and 6 books and is one of the best books. It still is a base of many other story books in audio and animation formats.
At first glance, it seems that every story and narration of Maulana is irrelevant to the rest of its stories, and has no general story. However, those who are familiar with mysticism and Islam will learn the general story from this book. It is more difficult for non-Persian speakers to reach this general story, especially since each story also has educational material. Maulana himself says that if I were to tell the complete and true story, Masnavi would be (seven * seventy) kilo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts