Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see that coming.  I admit that I was caught off guard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
I wrote this on another thread...but...I saw this coming for 2 reasons...

1.  When Danny was voted off his votes then became Kris votes.
2.  Judges wanted Adam from the get-go and he got the backlash from the voters who resented being told who should win.

That being said...Adam will do just fine and will go on to do amazing things.  Not sure if Kris would have come in second the same would have been true so I'm happy with the way it went down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
I was shocked first when Kris stayed and Allison left and then shocked again when Danny left and Kris stayed... yep, I was shocked! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually think that Adam will do better not having won; because he will not be bound under contract by IDOL and will have free reign.

*Dancing with the Stars shocked me as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
sjc said:
I actually think that Adam will do better not having won; because he will not be bound under contract by IDOL and will have free reign.

*Dancing with the Stars shocked me as well.
I agree with you on everything above.

I said this on the other Amer.Idol thread I think Adam may have benefited alot by getting 2nd place. He might have a little bit more control over his own career now along with many major offers because he is so talented.

DWTS was a complete shock as well! It seemed to me that Gilles was the frontrunner all season and I truly thought he would win. I loved Melissa just because she was good and because she got a bummer deal on The Bachelor so I kinda rooted for her. But Shawn was talented and Americas Olympic Sweetheart so I can see how she won, just another shocker because I didnt see it coming!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,967 Posts
I was happy with the results. I think Adam will do well and didn't really need the win. Kris would have done well, but winning is a good jump start for him. I loved that Shawn won, but was surprised. I think her freestyle won the day for her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
sjc said:
I actually think that Adam will do better not having won; because he will not be bound under contract by IDOL and will have free reign.

*Dancing with the Stars shocked me as well.
This isn't true but is a common misconception. All of the Idols (top 10 anyway maybe all 13) are bound by Idol until the end of the tour (around August or Sept). They signed a contract to this effect when they agreed to do the show. AI/19e/TPTB have until then to decide whether they are going to sign that particular contestant or not. With Adam's talent and popularity, plus the fact that they personally backed him for the title for the entire time -- do you honestly believe they are going to let him slip away and go with someone else?? I don't, not for one second. He doesn't have "free reign" at all unless they decide to give it to him. I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again -- they will back him as much as they do Kris (if not more!). I imagine it will be just like the 2 David's last year and they will both have CDs out under 19e (AI) by the end of this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
And if anyone doesn't believe what I just wrote ^^^ check out both of their new official websites which are already up. See how identical they are? Both put up by AI of course. They are the 2 winners and they will get the same -- as both have said on interviews, it really doesn't matter who was first and who was second. Kris might have gotten more money (pretty sure he did) but that's about it besides the title itself.

http://www.krisallenofficial.com/

http://www.adamofficial.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
I hate it when the media says America got it wrong...It is what it is...You may not like the result because you wanted the other person but that doesn't make it wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,967 Posts
kari said:
This isn't true but is a common misconception. All of the Idols (top 10 anyway maybe all 13) are bound by Idol until the end of the tour (around August or Sept). They signed a contract to this effect when they agreed to do the show. AI/19e/TPTB have until then to decide whether they are going to sign that particular contestant or not. With Adam's talent and popularity, plus the fact that they personally backed him for the title for the entire time -- do you honestly believe they are going to let him slip away and go with someone else?? I don't, not for one second. He doesn't have "free reign" at all unless they decide to give it to him. I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again -- they will back him as much as they do Kris (if not more!). I imagine it will be just like the 2 David's last year and they will both have CDs out under 19e (AI) by the end of this year.
I agree, but Adam doesn't have to sing or record the song written for release of the first recording. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Kari you are right AI will sign Adam because they will want a piece of his action.  All this brouhaha is good for both Adam, Kris and AI.  
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Kathy said:
I agree, but Adam doesn't have to sing or record the song written for release of the first recording. :)
I don't know what you mean? Do you mean No Boundaries or a new song to come out in the future?

They've released both of their versions of No Boundaries which I found kind of odd. I think they only should have released the winner's version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Cowgirl said:
Kari you are right AI will sign Adam because they will want a piece of his action. All this brouhaha is good for both Adam, Kris and AI.
I just read that Kris, Adam, Danny, and Allison all have recording deals just waiting to be signed. It wasn't clear if they are with AI, but I assume so. We'll see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,967 Posts
kari said:
I don't know what you mean? Do you mean No Boundaries or a new song to come out in the future?

They've released both of their versions of No Boundaries which I found kind of odd. I think they only should have released the winner's version.
Yes, I mean the song No Boundaries. I don't think that Adam will have to add it to his first album, but Kris does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Kathy said:
Yes, I mean the song No Boundaries. I don't think that Adam will have to add it to his first album, but Kris does.
I don't know if he will or not, since they've released both versions. You can't put out both versions and then call it *his* song - they didn't do that to David Cook as far as I can remember (meaning Archie didn't record his too). Maybe they realized it's such a crappy song, they need to let him release something better as his first real single. That said, I downloaded Kris' version and it's actually not too bad. I still don't like the song, but he did a good job with it for what it is. I think his first single will be something better and more suited to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Wow -- Kris Allen's No Boundaries just hit #1 on the Itunes Top 100!  Here are the latest rankings of Idol Itunes recordings as of this morning for anyone interested:

1. “No Boundaries” by Kris Allen
4. “Heartless” by Kris Allen
6. “Mad World” by Adam Lambert
7.  “Permanent” by David Cook
10. “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Kris Allen
14. “A Change is Gonna Come” by Adam Lambert
15. “No Boundaries” by Adam Lambert
16. “Permanent”(American Idol Charity Single) by David Cook
18. “Heartless” by Kris Allen (Season 8 Favorites)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I loved David's Cook song "Permanent"....all proceeds go to cancer. I need to head over to Itunes to buy that one.
Yep, that reminded me to buy it too, and I'm not even a David Cook fan but it's a decent song and for a good cause.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top