Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are your current projects?  What can we expect to see from you in the future?  Besides working on a Pink Snowbunnies in Hell story, I'm working on getting another Regency novel, app. 80,000 words, from my backlist up.  Hope to have it up by Sunday, Monday at the latest.  The title is An Intriguing Affair.  It wasn't my choice, but it's grown on me.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm working on Through the Flames. It is Book 1 of my epic fantasy series, The Sword of Kirakath.

It will be released in a little less than a month, and it will be my debut novel.

The funny thing is that the Pink Snowbunnies in Hell Flash-Fiction Anthology is supposed to stop taking submissions on the release date of my debut novel. I already submitted my first ever flash fiction for it.

Anyways, I'm going to get back to writing. I keep procrastinating.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm working on "Past, Future, & Present Danger", my time-traveling extravaganza sequel to "Not Everything Brainless is Dead". 

·
Registered
782 Posts
K, I'll play.

I have another comedic essay publishing in The Cynic Online Magazine on June 16, have another one publishing in The Dark Comedy Journal this fall and a comedic short-story appearing in Breath and Shadow magazine also this fall.

My comedy essay, "Johnny and Roy" just published on May 16 in The Cynic Online.

I'm adding a new story to Guns Don't Kill People...My Uncle Does.

Currently writing two articles for two separate sites where I am contributing author.

John Vorhaus, comedy author and how-to writer extroardinaire has agreed to blurb as well as write the forward for my first full-length comedic novel releasing on September 1, A Most Devout Coward.

I'm just about done designing the cover for The Lady's Maid, the second in the Gaslight Series, which I will begin writing over fall break this year.

Am putting my comedic essays into a collection entitled, Conglomerate of Idiots and then querying agents for that.

And in two weeks, I leave for university to work toward my double doctorates in Astrophysics and Applied Mathematics.  In fact, just today was given a grant for my grades in both fields, so I'm stoked.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
opuscroakus said:
K, I'll play.

I have another comedic essay publishing in The Cynic Online Magazine on June 16, have another one publishing in The Dark Comedy Journal this fall and a comedic short-story appearing in Breath and Shadow magazine also this fall.

Currently writing two articles for two separate sites where I am contributing author.

John Vorhaus, comedy author and how-to writer extroardinaire has agreed to blurb as well as write the forward for my first full-length comedic novel releasing on September 1, A Most Devout Coward.

I'm just about done designing the cover for The Lady's Maid, the second in the Gaslight Series, which I will begin writing over fall break this year.

Am putting my comedic essays into a collection entitled, Conglomerate of Idiots and then querying agents for that.

And in two weeks, I leave for university to work toward my double doctorates in Astrophysics and Applied Mathematics. In fact, just today was given a grant for my grades in both fields, so I'm stoked.
And you sleep, when?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
opuscroakus said:
K, I'll play.

And in two weeks, I leave for university to work toward my double doctorates in Astrophysics and Applied Mathematics. In fact, just today was given a grant for my grades in both fields, so I'm stoked.
Makes me realize how much 'nothing' I do :p

G

·
I sat down on a long weekend with an author I deeply admire and respect and made the decision-- with a lot of support-- to completely change direction, rebrand, and embrace something totally unknown.

Since then I have written pretty much daily.  I am 2/3 through book one in a series that will be a minimum of 3, but possibly longer (if my health holds).  It's the happiest I have ever been as a writer.  

Maggie Gallagher thriller/mysteries will launch this summer with Cry Uncle.  

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm writing under two pen-names.  My 'Twisted Erotica' collection should be up soon. Throughout editing it I keep thinking: "who is the weirdo that wrote this.." Its so unlike anything I've done before. So weird, as I'd never would have pegged myself as an Erotica author. I guess the judge-n-jury is still out on that one, we'll see how well the stories sell.

I have another work on hold, that I want to get back to. Its been many years in the making. At one time it was going to be a graphic novel, but now its becoming a Novella. That work is Urban Fantasy with an African-American protagonist. I like this character very much, and she's been with me for awhile. I almost feel like this work is an overdue pregnancy. I just want to get it over with!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Trying to bring this trilogy to a conclusion. But I'm hitting a snag with this one pesky section. After passing that, it should be smooth sailing to a summer release. But in the meantime, the first two books are .99 a piece.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I'm working on writing book 5 of the Priscilla the Great series,

writing book 3 of the Dancing Dream series

editing books 3 and 4 of the Priscilla the Great series

writing a YA historical romance about the 1917 race riots in St. Louis. I love the characters in this book but it's taking me so long to write because of all the research for authenticity.

I also have two more stand alone novels that are complete and I want to have published by the end of the year.

·
Registered
782 Posts
MaryKingsley said:
And you sleep, when?
Er...too much crap in my head to parse for sleeping.

A long while ago, an author friend, I think it was Joe Konrath, said that in order to keep bringing in the money, you have to keep putting it out there, submitting, writing, racking up rejections, writing, submitting, writing and writing again. It's about planting seeds, and seeds take a long time to grow. So, ya gotta sew 'em when you have the time, because they'll be coming to fruition just about the time you're too busy to pee.

;D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since I started this thread, ya think maybe I should go do some work myself?  Bye.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I am working on The Priest, and Pax In The Land Of Women. Hopefully they will be both out by the end of summer. Meanwhile I am rewriting my first novel, Earth and Sun, and I am halfway through the first draft for a YA novel I haven't decided the title, yet.

G

·
Another aircraft novel, which is taking a lot of research time since the aircraft doesn't exist anymore, but also a short novella to follow up "The Docks".

1 - 20 of 42 Posts