Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought maybe some of us could tell what's next on their plate?
Perhaps for this year as well as 2012 ?

I'll go first

I'm planning a third book in the Crowell Series.
Volume 3 will be called, Legacies, where Crowell will be contemplating his legacy. What will people think of him after he is gone. Did he make a difference?

In fact, many of the characters in the series will be thinking of that.

And in keeping with the unique paranormal theme of this series, he'll investigate a few angry teens defacing headstones as well as some mysterious deaths that may involve spontaneous human combustion. I plan to release it in time for Halloween 2011

And for next year- I'll finally release a fantasy about a small medieval town where the queen uses a witch and her magic powers to keep everyone in line. It's a fictional study about the abuse of power and the lives of several common people who struggle day to day to survive under her thumb.

As I get further along with it, I'll reveal more and have excerpts on my blog

It's called Lives in Ruen. (A kind of play on words with the name of the town, since the lives of the characters I'll explore are.... in "ruins")

Next?

G

·
I've just started writing the sequel to my e-book novel. It goes a little more in-depth about characters that were sort of minor in the first book. One of the many reasons I published the first book was that I knew it would force me to write the next one. So far, so good. Just wish I had a solid, uninterrupted week to just write and do nothing else!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Once I finish polishing the 2nd novel in my little superhero comedy series, I plan to get cracking on the 3rd book as well as a short story.

I'm planning to do something weird with the 3rd and 4th books. They'll both take place during the same time period, but follow different characters for different stories. So the short stories/possibly novellas will follow the characters of the opposite novels. Just so that the characters don't get "bored" during their time off.

Then the 5th book, which probably won't come around till late next year or 2013 (assuming the world doesn't end) will throw all the characters back together for another adventure.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm considering a sequel to my current book if it looks like the audience is there. I always had a sequel planned.

If I change my mind on that, I might do some historical fiction. I was thinking about some early US historical fiction. I'd also like to do some hard history from primary sources on the Missouri Civil War.

The Civil War book might have to wait until I'm retired, though. I retire in eight years. It'll involve a lot of travelling to local libraries.

·
Registered
325 Posts
just released BARBARY POINT. in june, plan to release the kindle version of my previously published biomedical thriller, GARGOYLES, in july, release THE UNNATURAL, and in august, a chlidren's tale, RETURN TO UNDERLAND. will i keep to this schedule--probably not.

·
Registered
982 Posts
My plans for 2011 and 2012, eh?

I plan to:

• Release Book 1 of The Sword of Kirakath in June 2011
    Release Book 2 of The Sword of Kirakath in September 2011
    Release Book 3 of The Sword of Kirakath in December 2011
    Release the first omnibus of The Sword of Kirakath in Late December 2011
    Release the paperback versions of the previously mentioned books in January 2012
    Release Book 4 of The Sword of Kirakath in March 2012
    Release Book 5 of The Sword of Kirakath in June 2012
    Release Book 6 of The Sword of Kirakath in September 2012
    Release the second omnibus of The Sword of Kirakath in Late October 2012
    Release Book 7 of The Sword of Kirakath in December 2012
I actually have plans for the next six years of writing.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
For this year, Miya Black III & IV, Resonance Book Two, Charlotte Powers 2, and possibly Jean Scarlet: Swansong.  After that, it depends.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Once I've done some more marketing type stuff for The Last Man on Earth Club, I hope to get into the next novel. Which will be a lot shorter.

Something along the lines of a very cynical religious leader revealing the inside tricks on how to manipulate followers into giving you everything you ever wanted - it's just that his religion concerns godlike scientists experimenting on humanity from a higher reality, and it's true. Which makes it interesting when he dies and goes to heaven...

(or something like that)

But first I have to to to work. :(

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I plan on finishing the last book in my trilogy (is that a treacle???) which is about halfway through at the moment. I've had a little trouble getting back into it lately but will 'knuckle down' and get it finished this year. Can't keep my public waiting!!!!

Ian

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
I actually have plans for the next six years of writing.
Um... holy cow. :)

I am currently working on the sequel to Compis right now. It's even titled, at this point. I'm almost halfway to my midpoint word goal. In the next 3 mths, my plan is to write, write, write, EVERY day.

I'm going to get as much done on this series as I can NOW, because at the end of August I'm having my second child, so I think I'm going to be pretty busy after that. Whatever I get done before the baby is born is what will be coming out in the rest of the year.

I do have a short story sequel to The Angel and Her Gun(which is also a short story). It's written and had one editing pass through, but right now Aeris is more important, so that is my focus. Speaking of which... need to get back to it!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Looks like everyone is very busy!  That's wonderful!

I plan to release at least four books from my Undercover Intrigue series (romantic suspense) this year...starting in June (provided my health holds).

Then I plan to finish my Chances Are series (historical romance) in 2012.

Then on to my Reality Love series.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Got two more in the works, a short story collection, scifi, and then a horror/literary mashup, and then maybe just take a hiatus.  I've been thinking of a sequel to White Seed, but I'll need more time than four or five hours over the weekends to tackle that.  Best!

·
Registered
509 Posts
In the short term, I'm working on getting Blood & Tears up by June 1st. In the long term, I need to write the next novella in that series, plan and write the sequel to Blood of the Dragon, and finish the sci-fi book I started a few months ago. Not sure which I'm going to do first. Camp NaNoWriMo is planned for August (I think), so I might save the Blood sequel for then. Or maybe I'll use it to finish my sci-fi novel... too many decisions, not enough time.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I should finish up Book 3 of The Black Knight Chronicles by mid-June for early July release, then the plan looks like this:

Book 3 of Black Knight - Summer 2011
Book 1 of Return to Eden (YA post-apocalyptic magic trilogy) - Fall 2011
Book 4 of Black Knight - Winter 2011
Book 2 of Return to Eden - Spring 2012
Book 5 of Black Knight  - Summer 2012
Book 3 of Return to Eden - Fall 2012
Book 6 of Black Knight - Winter 2012

If sales keep going, there's a retirement party planned for March of 2012, but it's way premature for that right now.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm anxiously waiting the cover art for Demo Tapes: Year 3. Still hoping for a June release, although now it looks like July is more likely.

I'm working on King Trevor, the follow-up to Trevor's Song

And need to work on edits for Ice Cubes in Hell, my next 99c short story release.

I'll spend the summer working on the edits for Demo Tapes: Year 4, as well. Because the Demo Tapes anthologies are short fiction, they are GREAT to work on at the pool.

And I have some other things in the wings, that I'm not ready to talk about. I used to be amazingly, sickeningly prolific. I'm slowly returning to that ... although we'll see how summer vacation changes that!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
I am translating my short story collection, Lunch Break Thrillers to Brazil Portuguese and hope to publish it in Brazil during 2012 both as a paperbook and an eBook.

On the writing front I am busy writing Russian Brides, a thriller and the sequel to Survival Instinct(The dark side of dating.) I have set a deadline to complete it by August. At he same time I keep breaking off to write short stories for volume 2 of Lunch Break Thrillers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.