Kindle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Thank you, Betsy. I think that article with videos did it for me. Because of size, my concern is mostly carrying it. Will it fit in usual bags I carry. I carry varying sizes so yes, will fit for the most part. Just one small bag I carry at times that 6+ will be kinda big for it. Kinda. Oh well. I've never used a phone one-handed much so larger size doesn't concern me for that reason. I am tall with long fingers so if I want to one-hand it, I probably can. 6+ is winner in the article for many other things which I like. :) It's like a mini mini (mini?) tablet. From iPhone to iPhone, I've grandfathered my AT&T unlimited data which they no longer offer.

iPhone 6 Plus for me. :) Space Gray 64 GB

ETA: Ordered -- with a salmon / terra cotta pink silicone cover. At least that's the shade of pink it looks like on my screen. Better not be candy pink. :eek:
Yay, Sandpiper!

I was just given an iPhone 5S that had belonged to a friend...it came with a silicone cover and I would say it's kind of almost salmon--not candy pink, thank goodness!

I need to get my cell number transferred to it, but I'm updating it to iOS 8.0.2.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I tried to update my current 4S to OS 8.0 over DSL connection.  30 hours??!!  So I started it and it quit before too long.  Forget about that.

Delivery date for my 6+ is mid November -- 'bout a month.  Unless Apple surprises me??!!  ;D

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Asking Betsy or me?  My 6+ will be 64 GB.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Sorry Sandpiper. I meant you. I was typing on my iPhone so kept the message too short. I just noticed that you already said previously. 64GB is a good amount, especially if you start taking more photos. I'm hoping to get the 6+. I saw a friend today at work & she said that she was getting the 6.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I ended up with the 6 128 gold rather than the 6 plus and find that the screen size works pretty good for my old eyes. I thought I wouldn't be happy until I got the 6 plus but BB gave me $40 more for my 5 than verizon would have and they had the 128 in stock. My biggest screen concerns were reading and playing a couple of my games. On the 5 the screen was just too small and I would get a headache after 4-5 minutes. With the 6 I am not having any problems at all. The best thing is that I didn't have to wait like I would have with the 6 plus.  Besides I can use the money I saved towards the new ipad! :D ;D That my excuse and I am sticking with it!!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Toby said:
Sorry Sandpiper. I meant you. I was typing on my iPhone so kept the message too short. I just noticed that you already said previously. 64GB is a good amount, especially if you start taking more photos. I'm hoping to get the 6+. I saw a friend today at work & she said that she was getting the 6.
I have iTunes Match so I can get to any of my music I want with the phone. I have some photo albums on my phone, but keep all photos on my MBP.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
MacBook Pro.  I think. 

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
The 5.5" screen on the 6+ is almost Amazon's 6" tablet.  Yeah, the iPhone costs more than the tablet, but there's so much more to it including cell data, not just wifi without paying anything more than I have been paying on my current 4S.  I am looking forward to getting my 6+ -- in mid November. :(  Surprise me Apple?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I finally saw both the 6 and 6 plus yesterday when I was shopping at Costco. But everywhere I've checked is still saying 30 day shipping time. I checked my carrier and Apple. I want the 6 plus in gold with 64 gig. I have 32 gig now on my iphone4 but they aren't offering 32 gig and 16 isn't enough. Now that I made a final decision I'm excited. I just hate preordering things that don't have a firm release date. Plus I need to figure out if I'm adding a new line, or replacing my phone before I order. My current phone has been out of contract for 2 years.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Sandpiper said:
The 5.5" screen on the 6+ is almost Amazon's 6" tablet. Yeah, the iPhone costs more than the tablet, but there's so much more to it including cell data, not just wifi without paying anything more than I have been paying on my current 4S. I am looking forward to getting my 6+ -- in mid November. :( Surprise me Apple?
Part of the reason I'm getting 6 plus is because it will be a good replacement for the ipad mini I wanted. I still have the first ipad, and had been trying to decide between the mini or the air. I think the iphone 6 plus will be a great single device for me. Plus less to carry in my purse.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Rasputina said:
Part of the reason I'm getting 6 plus is because it will be a good replacement for the ipad mini I wanted. I still have the first ipad, and had been trying to decide between the mini or the air. I think the iphone 6 plus will be a great single device for me. Plus less to carry in my purse.
DH was telling me about an article he read recently about a guy who did just that - got the 6+ and was truly using it as a "phablet" - both as a phone and a tablet, replacing his iPad or whatever tablet he'd been using. My one concern with that would be battery life - I use my phone a lot now when I should really be using my Mini but I got so used to using my phone before I got the Mini, I just never got into the habit of using the Mini. I'm trying to break the habit so I can get back down to charging my phone (5s) overnight. But the phone is always right there with me, sooo... :-[

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
nico said:
I would be very excited for the iPhone 6 if they had a 4 inch model. The two new models are just too big for me.
Gotta say, I was thinking the same thing originally. I had the iphone 5 and thought it was a good size. However, I don't even remotely miss it. I got used to the larger screen far quicker than I thought I would (having previously used a large screen Nexus phone and hated it). What I miss in one-handed use, is more than made up by the larger screen real estate.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Rick Gualtieri said:
Gotta say, I was thinking the same thing originally. I had the iphone 5 and thought it was a good size. However, I don't even remotely miss it. I got used to the larger screen far quicker than I thought I would (having previously used a large screen Nexus phone and hated it). What I miss in one-handed use, is more than made up by the larger screen real estate.
I've played around with the iPhone 6 in the store and at work (a co-worker has one), and i just don't like the size. It's too big for me. I recognize that a lot of people don't mind it, but i'll stick with my iPod touch--no monthly fee, either!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Silicone cover I ordered for 6 Plus was delivered today. It's not a candy pink. Coral is probably best word to describe it. It is a bright coral. Now with the cover, I can get a little used to the size before iPhone is delivered mid November. Surprise me, Apple?

61 - 80 of 145 Posts