Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Wednesday I was at our regional CE meeting that our hospital hosts and hanging out at the registration desk with the surgery department manager and one of the surgeons, who were both oohing and aahing over my K2.  Over the weekend one of the anesthesiologists emailed me saying that the surgeon had told her all about my Kindle and could she arrange a demonstration with me later?

Seriously Amazon, implement a referral program! 

Lara Amber

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
LOL, I've only been responsible for one other sale than mine, but I do see at least 4 more purchases in the future (my wife and 3 kids).

But think of the commissions as more e-books, better/cheaper e-readers in the future as we work to spread this wonderful technology.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I believe that Amazon stopped commission on Kindle books (just books, not hardware/accessories) as of 1/29.  You may have seen them on your reports, but beginning this month, they zeroed them out.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
I think Lara was talking about a commission for 'selling' Kindles by demo-ing them to friends, family, and strangers. . . . .it's an idea many of us have entertained. . . . .some sort of a "who referred you" question on checkout and an Amazon gift card for the refer-er.

It's true that they have recently stopped paying the affiliate payment on Kindle book purchases, but do still pay on everything else.  Hence my suggestion that you direct folks you've given a demo to and who indicate they want to buy one to KindleBoards for the Amazon link to purchase a Kindle.  We can't personally get commission but at least the Boards can.

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
For that very reason I gave a DTB Club member the kboards.com to use as a link to order her kindle.  She was going to research it  :-\ before buying.  Well good for her, but I did mention that KB would get something, small but something, if she bought it with our link.  Think she will do it too.

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
While we are on the subject of Amazon discontinuing some commissions (affects this Kindle Boards),
as a loving member let me remind you of the Donate button at the bottom of the page. Just scroll down and help support your friendly neighborhood KindleBoard.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
geoffthomas said:
While we are on the subject of Amazon discontinuing some commissions (affects this Kindle Boards),
as a loving member let me remind you of the Donate button at the bottom of the page. Just scroll down and help support your friendly neighborhood KindleBoard.
thanks Geoff, I was wondering where and how I could put a gentle comment in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts