Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Kari... now we have a place to discuss this season's SYTYCD!

I have to go to Senior Awards at my niece's high school tonight, but the DVR is set and I am ready!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I'm with you, Angela.  Got my dancing shoes on and I am soooo ready for this.  I hope they pick at least one hot Russian guy.  I loved Gev last year.  He was so cute and such a great dancer.  But he wasn't Pasha or Dmitry.  ;) 

At least we get to see Dmitry on DWTS.  I don't think Pasha will ever be a pro, there, unless they take Anya, too.  At least we get to see the two of them dance once in a while.  I loved last year when Pasha and Anya choreo'd for Gev and Courtney ... the message. 

Did you know that there is also going to be a Fall season?  So we are going t have back to back runs.  They are doing auditions for the Fall season in May, June and July.  WooHoo.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
This is just like American Idol, just another spin off

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
cheerio said:
This is just like American Idol, just another spin off
Nigel Lythgoe is one of the producers on both shows, but he has resigned from AI. SYTYCD is in its fifth season and is so popular that Fox has put it in their Fall lineup.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kari said:
Yay!! I love SYTYCD - I've watched it every season. Thanks Angela!! ;D
I missed the first season. I watched as much as was available on youtube. I couldn't understand why Blake was eliminated. But then I couldn't understand why Allison was eliminated in Season 2. Melody was awesome. I honestly thought she was better than Nick, but then it's America's favorite dancer, not the best.

Did you see Snow trying out for a pro spot on DWTS? She was definitely not at her best.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Looks like Brandon Bryant is back to try out this year. Now that we don't have the Will Agenda going on, he has a better chance of making the Top 20.

I also hear that Natalie Reid is coming back for another try.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Looks like Brandon Bryant is back to try out this year. Now that we don't have the Will Agenda going on, he has a better chance of making the Top 20.

I also hear that Natalie Reid is coming back for another try.
Oh yeah, the Will Agenda - I had nearly forgotten. ::) I was so happy Joshua won last year!!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kari said:
Oh yeah, the Will Agenda - I had nearly forgotten. ::) I was so happy Joshua won last year!!
Joshua deserved the win. I can't believe Twitch beat out Katee. He shouldn't have even been in the finals. Mark should have been there. Did you see the opening? They show a few seconds of Marksie doing Bleeding Love. I get all choked up every time I watch that one. No Air with Katee and Joshua gets me, too.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I've never watched it, watching it this evening but I don't know if I'll be hooked...

Betsy
This is just the auditions. No one really outstanding, yet. Wait until you see Brandon Bryant. He is a fabulous contemporary dancer. I'm sure I saw him in one of the snippets. Of course, it depends on what you like.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
umbrella guy was interesting...

;D
Yes, he was good. Some of these people who do well, don't make it past Vegas. It's a meat grinder.

For all of you SYTYCD vets ... we've left NYC and Sex hasn't shown up. (Betsy, think the poor man's Tiny Tim). Big relief.

Sonya Tayeh ... Yay. If we can't have Wade, I'll take Sonya.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
OK, cat girl/light saber girl needs to try out for American Idol next...

Betsy
Gotta have someone for Nigel to insult. :D

The brothers were cute. They reminded me of the twins from last year; Anthony and Antwaine. They were so adorable.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
OK, so some people go straight through to Vegas, but others have to go to choreography? What happens next?

Betsy
More auditions in four more cities. Then we see what goes on in Vegas. After that, they pick 10 guys and 10 gals to be on the show. Four to six of those 20 are usually cannon fodder.

Knew Brandon ( :'( ) and Natalie would make it to Vegas. I'm really happy about that. And I saw Evan in the preview. He is so good. I'm glad he's back, too.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I still don't understand...it looked like some people got tickets right away, and some were sent to "choreography?"

Betsy
(watching West Side Story now on TCM--Officer Krupke!)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I still don't understand...it looked like some people got tickets right away, and some were sent to "choreography?"

Betsy
(watching West Side Story now on TCM--Officer Krupke!)
If the judges think the dancer is really GOOD, they give them a ticket to Vegas and they get to skip the choreography round. If the judges aren't sure about the dancer's ability or aren't sure if they can do other styles they send the dancer to the choreography round. This lets the judges have another look at them and then the judges can decide if they are good enough to go to Vegas. Did that explain it?

1 - 20 of 702 Posts