Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
This is super useful info, thanks Kathy!聽 I'm definitely going to bookmark this post.聽 I always avoided social media, but after some hemming and hawing, I realize that this is the way of the world now.聽 Still not sure if I'd get very into it, but hearing other people's experience makes it seem more doable.聽 And, I never would have thought about Reddit for marketing, and I hadn't heard of Quora, so, I feel like I know a lot more today than I did yesterday.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
NikOK said:
This is super useful info, thanks Kathy! I'm definitely going to bookmark this post. I always avoided social media, but after some hemming and hawing, I realize that this is the way of the world now. Still not sure if I'd get very into it, but hearing other people's experience makes it seem more doable. And, I never would have thought about Reddit for marketing, and I hadn't heard of Quora, so, I feel like I know a lot more today than I did yesterday.
Thanks Nik, I am glad you found it useful.

Registered
Very useful and intelligent advice, Kathy. I totally agree with your viewpoint, especially the participation point of it. Nothing turns me off more than a "Buy this book now" or "grab a copy" followed by a link and nothing more. I want to know why I should buy this book--what stands out about it which is different than others. Is this a special price? What motivated you to write it? Give me a tag/log line, maybe even a short excerpt. You can sell me on a paragraph.聽

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
chrisstevenson said:
Very useful and intelligent advice, Kathy. I totally agree with your viewpoint, especially the participation point of it. Nothing turns me off more than a "Buy this book now" or "grab a copy" followed by a link and nothing more. I want to know why I should buy this book--what stands out about it which is different than others. Is this a special price? What motivated you to write it? Give me a tag/log line, maybe even a short excerpt. You can sell me on a paragraph.
Yeah, people are completely swamped with that kind of stuff. Even if the book is free, most people still need to understand why they should care enough to invest their time in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts