Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am wondering what software you use to create gifs for promos. Oh, "free" would be nice!

There's a lot out there, and would like one without much of a learning curve. Newest version of PowerPoint does convert to a movie maker format which can be than converted to gif, but don't know if that's convoluted or the way I should go. (However, I can finally do trailers without a huge hassle!)  The thing with PowerPoint would be the sizing issue. If I convert the required promo size to inches, would it keep a 250 x 250 pixel ratio when exported?

Thanks! I saw a few gifs that were very effective. Simple, eye-catching, and you can add a bit of drama.

I suppose I should also ask if you use any designer to do the gifs for you. Of course, that would bypass the "free" requirement, but it might be worth it to delegate. I'm officially swamped as in Okefenokee.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I use the Gimp, and it's free.
I did a very simple animation for Cherise Kelly the other day, it's not very hard.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I'd warn you (or anyone) to enter this field carefully.

Cherise's cover, for instance, is so annoying in her signature that I blocked it, even though I love both dogs and aliens. It was too distracting when I was trying to read her posts, so away it went.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nathalie Hamidi said:
I use the Gimp, and it's free.
I did a very simple animation for Cherise Kelly the other day, it's not very hard.

Didn't know you could do that with Gimp. Now I need to try it myself. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all your responses.

Fireworks comes with the CS package and definitely only wish I could afford!

Nathalie -

Love the animation! Will check out Gimp. There are tutorials all over the place so I'll watch one and see if I can do it. Would love to just do it in PowerPoint since I'm completely familiar with that program, but it looks like Gimp is the way to go!

Jan -

Point taken, but I think you're sort of proving my point. It distracted you and got your attention.

I think the other factor is that you can put more info. Do a lead in and than morph into a photo, praise in review, and accolade. I just saw one on Indie Authors that is just great, but I do agree that if you do gifs all over the place, maybe you should calm it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts