Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon board poster commented that his Kindle was running software version 1.1. Mine is 1.08 and a quick check shows no software upgrades available. Any newer Kindle user have a 'later' software version than 1.08?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will check mine as soon as it arrives and post.  It will arrive mid next week, so it should be fresh off the shelf.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Mine arrived on Wednesday and is version 1.08; someone on another group got theirs before that and it was 1.1.  Maybe it depends on which warehouse they are sent from; I think mine came from Kentucky....but I'm not sure.

Betsy

·
Registered
874 Posts
I've got an 1.0.8 as well...but I though that the Kindle updates itself like my cell phone does.  I just have to pop in the wireless every now and then.  Am I wrong?

Tris

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Moron here.  How do ya know what version ya got?  ???  I suppose it's right in front of me somewheres.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Hey guys speaking of updates:  on Leslie's and Stephen's (guides) will they automatically update or do I need to remove and re download? or is it automatic...I actually can't remember; it's been since June and I sort of know how to do most of what I want to...but I would still like to be current.  I can't remember...my mother politely call that a senior moment. (no comments from the peanut gallery...lol)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
hhmmmm. Interesting.

Teninx;  what do you make of that?  1.1.1? 

·
Registered
695 Posts
sjc said:
Hey guys speaking of updates: on Leslie's and Stephen's (guides) will they automatically update or do I need to remove and re download or is it automatic...I actually can't remember; it's been since June and I sort of know how to do most of what I want to...but I would still like to be current. I can't remember...my mother politely call that a senior moment.
Here's a snipet from the Amazon site:

Automatic Wireless Updates
Kindle is designed to automatically check for and download updates when one is available. If an update is available, Kindle will download and install the update the next time the wireless connection is activated and Kindle goes into sleep mode. During the update, you will see screens that show the update progress. The update should take less than 10 minutes and is complete when Kindle displays the Home screen. Do not power off or reset the Kindle until the update is complete.

To manually activate the wireless Kindle software update:

Set the Kindle Power and Wireless switches to the "ON" position.

Check the Whispernet status indicator at the bottom of the screen to ensure you are connected.

Put Kindle to sleep by holding down the [ALT] key and pressing the [AA] key.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Thanks.  :)  Mine is 1.0.8.  Came today from Kentucky.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1.0.8 here as well. Is that better or worse then 1.1? And I have the wireless on all the time, so any updates should have downloaded.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sjc: I think that Amazon is not applying software version numbers in the manner to which we're all accustomed. On the Kindle software update page, version 1.04 and version 1.08 are listed as the identical and most recent versions. And the 'update' option on my Kindle's settings page is still grayed out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts