Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, actually I sold my husband's Kindle2 and gave him my Kindle3.  In the meantime I'm using my Sony PRS350 which is OK but I do plan to replace the Kindle.

I can't decide whether to go with the Kindle 3 special offers, try the new Nook or just wait and see what Amazon comes out with.  Surely they are coming out with a new Kindle soon.

I'm set to BUY but decisions, decisions.  ;D

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I use the PC Kindle app. Several times, I've thought of buying a dedicated ereader. However, I'll soon be moving to a tiny country. After reading recent horror stories about geographical restrictions on ebooks and surcharges to people living outside of North America (and, I think, the UK), I'm hesitating to buy until I get to where I'm going, and figure out the lay of the land, ebook-wise.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Seems to me that it's kind of hard right now to make a disastrous decision.

As a "Kindle family" I'd go ahead and buy a new Kindle and enjoy it for several months before the price drops, if indeed it does.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dara England said:
The Nook Color looks tempting but I'd hold out and see what they do for the K4. :)
I have a nook color. I like it but like my k3 more. The glare is bad during the day, even with a screen protector, whereas the Kindle is fine day or night (as long as you have a book light for night). Nook color is good for nighttime, but slow to respond to taps to turn the page, and it sometimes skips ahead too far. I am hanging onto it because some books I review I can't convert to mobi, but if I had the choice, I'd read on my Kindle first. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts