Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reviewing our website statistics and given our traffic levels, will probably have to upgrade our hosting service before too long. I want to do this before we start to see slowness in the site.

We're on a shared server, and it ought to be a while before we need a dedicated server. So for now I'm planning to upgrade my hosting account to accommodate the traffic.

This should all be transparent for everyone. I'll give you a warning when the 'switch' happens, just in case there are any unexpected results in moving to the higher level of service.

Growth is good. You good folks are attracting a lot of people to this forum - both visitors and registered members. That's great!!

- Harvey

·
Registered
731 Posts
I now buy all my Amazon books on the "click throughs" from here; hope that helps offset some of the cost. Is there anyway you could take donations? PayPal or even snail mail? I'd be happy to contribute and I'm sure others feel likewise.  (I'd feel better doing this than just typing "Thank You Harvey/Leslie" over and over :-*)

I'd buy the Zune book but so far I've had no inclination to own an MP3 player. (Other than the one I'm typing on) (which has five speakers hooked up to it :p).

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
When I demoed Sundog today, I told her to go to KindleBoards now to start learning -- don't need to be a current owner to join.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Wooo Hooo, Great Job Harvey!!!

I purchased 2 magazines so far through our Kindleboards site, Alfred Hitchcock and Ellery Queen (when will I find the time to read them?) looking at which Bible to purchase next, and when I want to shop for anything on Amazon I go through our website first...just in case it comes back to you somehow...we can only hope...as I have been an amazon shopper before Kindle.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ScottBooks said:
I now buy all my Amazon books on the "click throughs" from here; hope that helps offset some of the cost. Is there anyway you could take donations? PayPal or even snail mail? I'd be happy to contribute and I'm sure others feel likewise. (I'd feel better doing this than just typing "Thank You Harvey/Leslie" over and over :-*)
That is extraordinarily generous, but I truly believe you are all doing so much already - through your use of the Link tool, and just by making the boards an interesting and fun place to be. Thank you, though!! And thank you, too, cush. And thank you, too, sailor. You really motivate me to try to make this board as useful a place as it can possibly be for Kindle owners.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Harvey will you get your share if we created a link to a book and then buy it?  I guess what I am asking if kinda stupid but Amazon has no idea who made the link, right?  :-[

(BTW, I love Spell Check)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
tc said:
Harvey will you get your share if we created a link to a book and then buy it?
Yes, that's correct. When you use the Link Maker to create a link in a post, it adds Harvey's affiliate number to the link. That's how Amazon credits him.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts