1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thanks for the warning. I hadn't upgraded to iOS8 yet, but was planning to do it this weekend. Now I think I'll hold out a while longer.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Toby said:
I can't listen to my kindle audible books anymore on my mini. Em told me that she had read that other people had reported this problem.
I haven't tried on my Mini yet, but Audible is working on iOS 8 on my iPhone. Sometimes it's a matter of the developer needing to make changes to an app so it will be compatible with a new OS. We're all updated to iOS 8 & I think the only issue I've seen is that one of my apps wasn't working with my bluetooth earpiece (only on one app) after the upgrade, but I restarted my phone and it started working again. There's always something weird & glitchy after an upgrade, which probably isn't surprising when there are so many different apps, somethings bound to go haywire somewhere. BUT, we don't have an iPad Air.

(What always drives me nuts is having to sign back in to so many apps. :mad: There's always one I can't remember my sign-in info for - yesterday I wanted to get my free birthday drink at Starbuck's - couldn't get back into my app on my phone! Luckily I have the whole month to get it.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Meemo said:
(What always drives me nuts is having to sign back in to so many apps. :mad:
I downloaded IOS 8 and then the update and neither time have I had to sign in to any of my apps (at least the ones I've opened so far.) Strange.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't remember having to sign in to all my apps with prior OS updates.  Haven't done this update yet.  I do know, occasionally, an update to an app will require a new sign in.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Ah, you know what - it wasn't just the update, it was switching to DH's iPhone 5S when he got the 6.  Did both at about the same time.  DOH!  :-[

·
Registered
417 Posts
Make sure you download all app updates prior to downloading iOS8. Most apps have issued updates to fix bugs or compatibility issues associated with iOS8.  If you do that and also backup your device first then you shouldn't have any problems with iOS8. iOS 8.02 update will fix alot of the problems, not all but quite a few.  I have not had any problems at all with iOS8. Then again it does depend on how you use your idevice.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kwajkat said:
Make sure you download all app updates prior to downloading iOS8. Most apps have issued updates to fix bugs or compatibility issues associated with iOS8. If you do that and also backup your device first then you shouldn't have any problems with iOS8. iOS 8.02 update will fix alot of the problems, not all but quite a few. I have not had any problems at all with iOS8. Then again it does depend on how you use your idevice.
What device do you have, Kwajkat?

Betsy

·
Registered
417 Posts
iphone 5 and ipad mini retina and the air.  This applies to all devices except iphone 4s and ipad 2 which Apple does not recommend installing iOS8 due to issues with those two devices even though they are at the bottom of the upgradable ones.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks.  So you haven't had any problems updating apps on the Air since the update to iOS 8.0.2? 

I've been holding off as there really isn't anything compelling to me about 8.0.2 that I have to have it...

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have not had any problems with any idevices. Having said that I don't use a lot of the apps like alot of people do and that may have a bearing on my problem free status. However if you don't feel the need to update right now I would wait. ;D There are two or three major updates for iOS8 coming up which I am sure will fix many of the problems. Either that or it will create new ones!  Some of them are directly related to Yosemite which is scheduled for release later this month.  The other thing is you can always hold out and get a new Air!!! ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I don't update that often.  Just got the Air in May to replace my original iPad.  So I think I'll keep this one awhile....  :D

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, I was just given/inherited an iPhone 5S.  No one has had problems upgrading to iOS8+?

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Nope Betsy, it's working great on my 5S, the one handed down to me by DH when he got the 6.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts