Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I set my account up, I already had an amazon account with credit card attached, etc.  So I didn't pay attention to what was required to set up my KDP account.  So here's my question, or questions.  What is required to start one?  The reason I ask is that my daughter has been working on her own stories and once they are ready, she wants to put them up on kindle.  She's under 18, doesn't have a credit card, etc.  Can she set up her own account, or would it be better to put her stuff up on my account, using her name (or pen name, if she chooses) as the author?  One of the books she is working on is one we wrote together, so that one would actually have my name on it.
My concern with putting it under mine is that when she does turn 18 and moves out on her own, she's going to want to have her stuff in her own name, and would it even be possible to move it at that point?
Any advice?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If she'd ever go up and get her license, she probably could get a check card.  No ID, no account.  They won't let her use her school ID.  She has a savings account that I set up when she was younger, but they don't give you check cards for minor accounts.  Guess I'm going to have to start pushing her harder on the whole getting her license thing.  She really has no desire to drive and refuses to pay for an ID.  Stubborn kid.  I remember when I was that age.  I couldn't wait to get my license.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that's a good idea.  I think I would be better off convincing her to get her license.  She's going to have to drive eventually.  And just because she has one, doesn't mean she has to drive now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.