Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love art nouveau, especially Mucha! I was playing around with my Kindle today and came up with these screensavers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I read somewhere on these posts that if you put new screensavers on your kindle then if you want to allow any software ugrades (I have received 2) then you have to remove the screensavers. Is there any truth to this? Also, does anyone remember where in the posts the instructions for putting new screensavers on is? Thanks, Dianne

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=400528&postcount=150 (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=400528&postcount=150)

This has the .04 hack for the Kindle 2 which I believe is the latest. It is the version I use on mine with the 2.03 update and it works great. Yes you do need to uninstall it to receive an update, but it's very easy to put on as well as take off. The text file included in the .zip tells you how to do it. I was very hesitant about adding it to my Kindle but am glad I took the jump and did it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Since we're discussing this, I'd also recommend using Windows and not Mac to create the folder and add the pics to the the folder. I've found that Mac adds files to the folder that end up showing blank screens.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
suicidepact said:
I've found that Mac adds files to the folder that end up showing blank screens.
This has not happened to mine.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I wonder if it's because I switch between Mac & PC? No worries though. What I noticed is that I would get weird secondary or phantom blank files that had the same name, but with an underscore in front of the filetype, for example, mypicture._jpg that would also have a much smaller file size.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Love these screensavers. Thanks a bunch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts