Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

;D

Now go to a crossroad at midnight.......

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
One of my books in paperback ended up with 666 pages (The People's Treasure). I wound up reformatting the appendices to eleminate a page.  ;D

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Philip Chen said:
I would like to publicly thank the brave soul who just purchased the 667th Kindle version of my book this month and in doing so, verily snatched me from the looming jaws of Hell. ;D
I would have bought a second copy, but I haven't gotten to the first copy yet :(

Honest :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Philip Chen said:
That is disturbing unless you mean that you haven't ordered one.
I mean that it is in my "to read" queue that is 100 books strong. I have a pile of DTBs plus Kindle books that are all just sitting there, taunting me, telling me to read faster. Don't worry, I'll get to it sometime :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm glad it isn't the dread "I can't download in Australia" monster. ;)

However, you bring up an interesting point and that is Kindle book overload. I wonder what effect that might have on our sales going forward, especially if readers predicate their purchases on the size of their TBR list. 

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Philip Chen said:
I'm glad it isn't the dread "I can't download in Australia" monster. ;)

However, you bring up an interesting point and that is Kindle book overload. I wonder what effect that might have on our sales going forward, especially if readers predicate their purchases on the size of their TBR list.
It can have an impact. I like PC games. Every year Steam has a month-long Christmas sale, and some of the prices are ridiculous -- $3 for a game that 18 months ago was $60, and in many cases these are games from the big publishers. One year I purchased about a dozen games because bargain fever gripped me. Some of them I've never played even once in the last two plus years. I threw my money away. Now I only buy a game if I'm convinced I will play it, and not only that, but play soon after purchasing. So I've gone through the equivalent of $0.99 book price lust and gotten over it. And that experience trained me to not reflexively buy dollar books simply because they're a dollar.

And I did load up on some book freebies during the recent flood of those. Who knows when I will get around to reading those?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
An interesting point. As my wife says "so many good books, so little time" which means we will always be limited by our reading pace.

For cheaper books it will probably have less impact, but result in more hoarding. Kindles are made for avid readers who will get through +100 books a year, but even they are likely to end up with a backlog like I have.

On the other point Phil, I think Amazon et al. have generally got the book distribution right, unlike other media. Samples that actually give you enough to get involved in a book, cheap and easily available, spot on. Plus I don't like torrents for the hacker factor.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Phil, didn't you have a weird number thing happen to you before? Wasn't it also 666?

Once is bad, twice is... (looking for demonic smiley icon...)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Philip Chen said:
I would like to publicly thank the brave soul who just purchased the 667th Kindle version of my book this month and in doing so, verily snatched me from the looming jaws of Hell. ;D
Still, that was a nice warm hell to be in. Yay for your sales.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts