Kindle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
The reporter also seemed to get confused when he was asking the Qualcom guy about whether Qualcom was going to make their own ereader or would it be in a kindle or nook or something. The Qualcom guy said they couldn't say which company, but yes, it would be in one of the ereaders. And the reporter said, "So Qualcom is going to make it's own ereader?"

On another note, unless some posts were removed, I also didn't see where Fox news was being bashed. The closest I could find was when someone said, "apparently they just make stuff up" but that didn't name Fox news - it could refer to all reporters in general, or this reporter and this interviewee specifically.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
vermontcathy said:
The reporter also seemed to get confused when he was asking the Qualcom guy about whether Qualcom was going to make their own ereader or would it be in a kindle or nook or something. The Qualcom guy said they couldn't say which company, but yes, it would be in one of the ereaders. And the reporter said, "So Qualcom is going to make it's own ereader?"

On another note, unless some posts were removed, I also didn't see where Fox news was being bashed. The closest I could find was when someone said, "apparently they just make stuff up" but that didn't name Fox news - it could refer to all reporters in general, or this reporter and this interviewee specifically.
There were some posts (a couple of them) that were removed, which makes it appear as though I was accusing people of bashing Fox News without reason.

My bashing comment would apply, as far as I'm concerned, regardless of which news channel was being maligned. I love the way these boards stay above the fray, and hope they stay that way. Snarkiness is kept to a minimum here, which is part of the reason that I love the Kindle Boards.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I don't very often write/email companies about things like this, but this report infuriated me. I sent an email to the reporter, Brian Sullivan via Fox Business Channel. If any of you want to send comments, the email is:

[email protected]

Here is the text of my email:

Subject: ATTN: Brian Sullivan - Report on Qualcomm e-reader screen

Dear Mr. Sullivan,

In your report on Qualcomm's ereader screen, the Amazon Kindle was lumped in with the iPad as being impossible to read in bright sunlight. And this statement was made several times in your report.

You should really check your facts and actually see a product before you do a report on it. The Amazon Kindle is BEST read in bright sunlight. It is not a backlit screen like the iPad. The Kindle uses the latest in e-ink technology on all their models and a Pearl screen with even better clarity on the latest versions (Kindle DX graphite and Kindle Latest Generation Kindle).

I've owned 4 Kindles and one iPad. I agree that the iPad cannot be read in bright sunlight. That's why I don't use it primarily as an e-reader and will never give up my Kindles. Maybe you should do a little research before bashing a great product.

Sincerely,
Dianne (last name redacted)
[email protected]

·
Registered
501 Posts
Too bad that the reporter equated Kindles and Nooks to the iPad, which is a different product with a different sales market, to large degree. And too bad that the reporter didn't have a Kindle to show alongside the iPad and Mirasol screens, to show how well the Kindle does in sunlight.

Also, the tiny screen of the Mirasol compared to the larger iPad wasn't commented upon, if that's the product that Qualcomm is shooting for.

One interesting comment from the Qualcomm rep was that these devices will be coming out "early next year" by "customerS" (plural) - wonder who these companies are? I'm guessing that they'll also be gunning for iPad customers primarily.

It's going to be interesting!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts