Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Good article.  I agree that the author didn't do enough research into how easily you can download from Gutenberg.  I also use Manybooks.net, which is very easy to download in Kindle format.
deb

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah, I read that article in my last consumer report, and I really don't see an advantage of the Sony regarding public domain titles.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
We all did.   ;)
deb

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Now maybe my mom will stop going on and on about Sony ereader everytime I pull out my kindle!  She always follows Consumers report!!

theresam

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Forster said:
Yeah, I read that article in my last consumer report, and I really don't see an advantage of the Sony regarding public domain titles.
Yeah, same here. BTW, nice avatar. ;D

·
Registered
947 Posts
There's two current Sony models, both use e-ink.  The PRS-505 is the close corrollary to the Kindle--exact same screen, similar form factor.  The PRS-700 has sidelighting that most people say makes the screen more difficult to read under all lighting conditions.  This is because the light is provided by a 2nd "screen" that sits on top of the e-ink display, so the e-ink particles aren't as close to the surface as they are with the Kindle and the 505.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts