Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Kindle Boards Book Klubs and an addiction to True Blood, I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books a couple of weeks ago - and CAN'T STOP! I just finished book five and am finding myself a bit annoyed with (maybe jealous of?) Sookie. Does every single male (and some female) Supe that crosses Sookie's path have to fall immediately head over heals for her? :p

Let's see now - Supes currently pining for her -
Bill and Eric (vamps), Alcide (werewolf) Sam (werecollie), Calvin(werepanther), Quinn (weretiger), Claudine (fairy), Bubba (in an innocent goofball Elvis-vamp kind of way). I'm hoping for a one-love Sookie in book 6!

·
Registered
136 Posts
LOL Yes, Sookie gets all sorts of attention.

Keep reading. I don't want to give anything away...I'm on book 7 right now.  ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Yes, Sookie and Jason have this affect on people.  Just as the others said, there is a reason and you will understand it later on.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Vampyre said:
Yes, Sookie and Jason have this affect on people. Just as the others said, there is a reason and you will understand it later on.
Yes...I am
fairLy
sure she will understand soon if she keeps reading on! Ha ha! Sorry, dry humor; not as dry as BJ's though!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You'll join us for live chat next Wednesday night, yes? We're reading Dead Until Dark. Questions are posted in the book klub thread on Tuesdays, and then we have live discussion Wednesday night.

It's fun! Hopefully you can come out and play this week, and toss your vote in for Series Eric vs. Book Eric.

Bambi,
no fair giving out hints, now. ;D

·
Registered
657 Posts
And I can 100% say Claudine isn't lusting after Sookie. I am FAIRlY certain thats sick even for Claudine's people.

As for Bill..I wouldn't say he is pining for her
more like not wanting to lose his business deal the bastard
!

Now where did I put that stake with Bill's name on in *grumbleSOBwalkingdeadbastardgrumble*

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
rofl.

Glad I'm not the only person who feels that way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK OK  :D - Having read further, I get the fairy references now.  I am still too heavily influenced by (and lusting for) TV Vampire Bill right now though to give up on Book Vampire Bill!  That may change with more reading (almost finished with Book 6) but for now, I still want to believe that he fell in love with Sookie (whether due to fairy blood or no) even after she became an assignment of the Queen.  No more hints!  Let me believe in him for a little longer (wistful sigh . . . )    Course right now - Sam, Eric, and Quinn are still looking mighty good! :eek:

·
Registered
657 Posts
ConnieK said:
Course right now - Sam, Eric, and Quinn are still looking mighty good! :eek:
Quinn.. that man needs to be nuetered declawed and caged. My hatred fro Quinn is second only to Bill!

·
Registered
657 Posts
ConnieK said:
Hmm - those two must take quite a turn in the last two books.
TBH Bill doesn't get worse but Bill haters like me hate what he did to sookie and can't get over it.

I STILL think Eric is best for her. Sam is a sweetie but I think he is into the chase of Sookie then really wanting Sookie. But thats just my thoughts..

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hmm - those two must take quite a turn in the last two books.
You'll see. I got lucky and got a cold a couple of months ago and read like the last four books one right after the other. You'll find you can't help yourself.

I

·
0 Posts
ConnieK said:
OK OK :D -
Having read further, I get the fairy references now. I am still too heavily influenced by (and lusting for) TV Vampire Bill right now though to give up on Book Vampire Bill! That may change with more reading (almost finished with Book 6) but for now, I still want to believe that he fell in love with Sookie (whether due to fairy blood or no) even after she became an assignment of the Queen. No more hints! Let me believe in him for a little longer (wistful sigh . . . ) Course right now - Sam, Eric, and Quinn are still looking mighty good
! :eek:
I think poilers are needed for that post before someone runs into it and gets upset.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Vamp - The title of the thread warns that there are spoilers here. I can't resist spoilers!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Vampyre said:
I think poilers are needed for that post before someone runs into it and gets upset.
I would black part of my above statement, if I could only figure out how. *grumblegrumble*

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Go back to your post, click MODIFY (upper right of the post), highlight the text you want, then click the spoiler button. It says SP, 4th button from the right.

I

·
0 Posts
If you go to the original, then select "Modify", high light the text you want to put in the spoiler by holding left click. this should make it blue. Once you get the part you want blue, click on the
button.

drat I type to slowly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts