Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a soon-to-be-2-Kindle-2-family. My wife and I live in a suburb of Atlanta, GA and are currently looking forward to getting our new Kindles hopefully by Wednesday. She has had a K1 since Dec. and loves it so much she talked me into ordering one, so I did back in January. I had a sneaking suspicion that the delay in shipping at that time was because the new model was just around the corner. When the K2 was announced on 2/9, my wife ordered one within an hour of the announcement.

She's the reader in the family but I'm hoping the Kindle will inspire me to read more. As with any new gadget or interest, I like to find a forum or two related to it so here I am. For a living, I'm a software engineer, but I also do some freelance photography, enjoy riding a motorcycle, love electronic gadgets, and am a volunteer diver at the Georgia Aquarium. I'm hoping to learn a lot from y'all since the Kindle is new to me.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, dcom! There is a lot of info here at KindleBoards, I do not think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi dcom - you will find out all you need to know about the kindle right here.  Seems as if we have a lot of other software folks around, as well as lots of Georgia folks, Atlanta area no less.

Nice to have you here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.