Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I have not seen it, but it has pretty high ratings at Rotten Tomatoes. (As a computer software sort of person, I have one strike against it already: "source code" is a generic term for all programming code that is written by humans -- i.e. not machine code or byte code -- whereas from what I've seen/heard about this they use it as the name of a specific program. It just bugs me for some reason. :) )

·
Registered
181 Posts
It was worth watching once. From the previews, I thought it would be this real clever, twisty, thinker of a film. It turned out to be entertaining, but very "What you See is What You Get." One or two sort-of twists that weren't all that surprising. Again, I would rent it, but don't expect to watch it twice or think about it much beyond the credits rolling.

Definitely not like 12 Monkeys at all.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn!  I was hoping for another 12 Monkeys caliber of a film.  Hollywood rarely ever, ever makes a thinking man's sci-fi movie...such as Blade Runner, Minority Report and 12 Monkeys.  Those types of films are rare gems.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I loved it.  A lot of people were comparing it to Inception, which I personally felt was the best movie of 2010.  It was not quite that good.  However, it was well-acted, well-plotted and I love seeing Chicago in film!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts