Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
I'm working on my will to live.
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.rense.com publishes all sorts of UFO articles, stuff about shape-shifting reptilians, political junk, conspiracy stuff. It's a great site to get ideas for novels. I'm pretty sure Hurricane Regina and Pageburner were in part influenced by things I read on Rense.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I get all of my weird stories from Pravda. You just have to ignore all the militant anti-American, anti-Israeli, and anti-Ukrainian propaganda, and what's left are a mix of fluff pieces about Putin and very weird stuff.

Among the stories on their front page right now: "Faeces to protect Martian astronauts from radiation", "Benedict XVI falls victim of celibacy", "Women find smell from shaved mens' armpits more attractive", and "Scientists to create network of interconnected brains".

There have got to be at least a couple possible stories right there. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
George Berger said:
I get all of my weird stories from Pravda. You just have to ignore all the militant anti-American, anti-Israeli, and anti-Ukrainian propaganda, and what's left are a mix of fluff pieces about Putin and very weird stuff.

Among the stories on their front page right now: "Faeces to protect Martian astronauts from radiation", "Benedict XVI falls victim of celibacy", "Women find smell from shaved mens' armpits more attractive", and "Scientists to create network of interconnected brains".

There have got to be at least a couple possible stories right there. :)
I dare you to write a story that has all four of these as major plot elements. Throw in Putin wrestling a bear for good measure.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
jasonzc said:
http://www.rense.com publishes all sorts of UFO articles, stuff about shape-shifting reptilians, political junk, conspiracy stuff. It's a great site to get ideas for novels. I'm pretty sure Hurricane Regina and Pageburner were in part influenced by things I read on Rense.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. (and in my favorites)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Endi Webb said:
I dare you to write a story that has all four of these as major plot elements. Throw in Putin wrestling a bear for good measure.
But Putin wrestling a bear happens so often it's hardly even noteworthy. Now, if it was a female bear, at a faeces-farm for the Russian space program, and Putin's armpits were shaved, hmm...

Here's a link to one of my favorite Pravda stories of all time, which is really saying something. It's from quite a few years ago, but it is still as hard-hitting a piece of journalism as ever:

After taking a bath, a woman grabs a towel and makes a turban on her head from it, at least for one minute. The reasons of such a weird Oriental ritual are unknown.
:)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Other good sites would include Anomalist.com, DailyGrail.com, GralienReport.com, MysteriousUniverse.org and TheDebrisField.blogspot.com.

All of them are on my daily visit list.

Of course, the old standby of AboveTopSecret.com, but I find the message board painful to navigate.

I also have a ton of podcasts I download and listen to if anyone is curious.

Great story ideas, regardless of whether you consider the subject matter "Woo-Woo" or "Wow!"

·
Registered
569 Posts
Awesome thread.  I live for weird!

Jodi

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dunno if you get it in the USofA but the go-to-journal in the UK is undoubtedly 'Fortean Times'

Especially the 'Strange Deaths Monthly' - which delights in the wonderfully bizarre ways that people exit this world :)  Unfortunately darkly comical as well...

"One was about a lady who saw her young daughter bouncing up and down on her bed, the mother thought it would be a grand idea to jump on the bed with her for fun.  She ran to the bed, jumped on it and subsequently bounced through the open window to her death, twenty stories below"

Latest Stories:

"Goose-eating Monster in the River Thames!"
"Marijuana Cannon seized by police!"
"Haunted Mirror sold on eBay"
"New Book suggests bringing back the dead is possible!"
"Dog shoots man whilst driving car"

Gotta love it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts