Kindle Forum banner

Do we want to continue with Book 2, Living Dead in Dallas?

• Yes! Can't wait to see what happens

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Yes! Although I've already read it on my own time

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No. I'm in the middle of three other book klubs and don't have the time

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No. And I bought this stick for nuthin'.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Maybe. Can we revisit the idea in a month?

Votes: 3 15.8%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I would like for it to continue. I have been a lurker and have not taken part in the discussion. I am in school online and answering the questions right now seems like more  school work LOL ;D I just finished reading Dead Until Dark I love it ;D and am I going to read the next book in the series.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
You know, Anju, it's never bothered me to read any of these books and drop immediately off to sleep, but I have a confession to make.

We had a story-tellers festival here down by the river last year, and I drug my mom out in the middle of the night to hear Kathryn Tucker Windham, the ghost story writer from Alabama speak. We had heard her speak before (no lie) 25 years ago when I was like 9 years old at a similar festival when we lived in Alabama. So, we both thought it would be fun to go see the oldest living woman in the universe tell ghost stories down by the river one Saturday night. So we got tickets, and bundled up, and I found one of her books and a silver sharpie (no way I was passing up her autograph this time! BTW, if you ever see any of her "13 <insert southern state here> Ghosts and Jeffrey" books for sale anywhere, please buy them and send me a bill. I will pay whatever anyone is asking, but I'm having real trouble completing my set. Don't get me started.). Then we hauled off to downtown in the middle of the night, and there were two other story tellers who were good but not great, then Kathryn got up and spoke for two full hours....

I didn't sleep for a week.

It was just like when I used to check out her books and read them in elementary school. Her stories scare the crap out of me.

But not vampire books. Not werewolf stories. Not zombies.

But southern ghosts? Where's my flashlight?
I would like to read one of her books. Too bad they are not out on Kindle. Maybe that is a good thing. I live by myself I may get too scare when reading them and not be able to sleep. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts