Kindle Forum banner

Do we want to continue with Book 2, Living Dead in Dallas?

• Yes! Can't wait to see what happens

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Yes! Although I've already read it on my own time

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No. I'm in the middle of three other book klubs and don't have the time

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No. And I bought this stick for nuthin'.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Maybe. Can we revisit the idea in a month?

Votes: 3 15.8%
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I hadn't actually checked to see if her books are on kindle, but I would be surprised if "Jeffrey's Favorite 13" didn't show up soon.  It was a recently published work that drew from several of her other books and included one new story.  lol, I say it's recent, I think it actually came out four years ago.  It was a nice little book, about the size of the Series of Unfortunate Events books.

Hi Krissy!
I have 13 Alabama Ghosts, 13 Georgia Ghosts, and 13 Mississippi Ghosts.  So I'm missing the Tennessee ghosts, and all of the 13 More ghosts set, plus 13 Southern ghosts (where she didn't have enough to make a full book.)  But I'm looking for the hardback set published in the late 70s/early 80s.  Some of them were re-published as paperbacks in the 90s, but imo, they don't have nearly as much character.  My brother has an off-campus bookstore here in town, and I made him call the University of Alabama press for me about them.  He stills says I owe him big, b/c not only did he have to call the University of Alabama (we're Auburn fans), but he had to call and explain himself five different times to people in varying degrees of authority, the last of whom finally said they lost most of their originals in a fire, and had he tried amazon.
ah well.

G

·
Amazon has the whole book series in a paperback set.  I wish they'd set up a Kindle bundle like that and for other sets.  They did a nice Blood Ties Bundle.  I'd like to see more.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I know!  I wish they'd set up a bundle of the Southern Vampire stories.  They sold a nice box set of the paperbacks.  But honestly, the Sookie books all have titles that are so much alike that it's hard for me to keep them straight.  lol, I always have to go look for the one that has 2 in the description.  Wonder if that's a matter they'd have to take up with the publisher?  B/c really, if they'd sell me the whole shebang for just the added up total (which would be $56.72 if you include book 8, which for some reason is still $11.99) I would buy it to not have to keep looking up which ones I have and which ones I don't.  lol, I'll pay extra for convenience every time.  ;D

·
Registered
339 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
I know! I wish they'd set up a bundle of the Southern Vampire stories. They sold a nice box set of the paperbacks. But honestly, the Sookie books all have titles that are so much alike that it's hard for me to keep them straight. lol, I always have to go look for the one that has 2 in the description. Wonder if that's a matter they'd have to take up with the publisher? B/c really, if they'd sell me the whole shebang for just the added up total (which would be $56.72 if you include book 8, which for some reason is still $11.99) I would buy it to not have to keep looking up which ones I have and which ones I don't. lol, I'll pay extra for convenience every time. ;D
Totally agree. I can never keep these books straight and figure out which one comes next!

·
Registered
123 Posts
ok, I just found you all.  I loved Twilight etc and just found dead after dark.  I'm about half way through.  So, hopefully, I can catch up with and be ready for book 2 bay the time you start...
Loving my kindle and this website  :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Fantastic!  Welcome!  We'll let you slide on the "required reading"  ::) if you'd like to come join us in chat tonight!  (9 pm eastern, please subtract an hour for each western time zone between you and the eastern time zone.)

We're glad you're here!

robin

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have kept looking at this book Klub but since I had spent so much money, I decided to go with the free book first.  Well, I finished that and didn't have enough will power to wait.  I finished Dead until Dark in one day and would love to join you if it is still open.  How did you guys make yourselves put the book aside so that you kept within the assigned reading?  This is a series that is right up my alley.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome Marguerite!  We're onto week two of book two now.  Look for the Living Dead in Dallas book klub.

I for one can't put the book down after the assigned chapters so I might have to go back and start again from chapter 4 this week so I don't get ahead of the discussion.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
(I've already read them all.)

Actually, a lot of people in the book klub have already read them. We don't have any formal policies in the book klub (Beyond the no sticks policy, that is.), but generally we just ask that you try not to give away in spoilers if you want to read ahead. That's all. See how easy that is? Okay, chobitz doesn't think it's all that easy, but she's also read all of the books.

In fact, there's a discussion over on DIA about why so many fewer people are answering the questions on DIA than did on Outlander (yes, I realize that was a very poorly constructed sentence.). Gertie's answer was that so many people were so taken with the series that we've gone on reading, breezing past the requirements, sometimes into the next book and beyond. I believe she is correct.

See, if I was really smart, I would go ahead and post all the rest of the Living Dead in Dallas questions next week, and we'd just try to do one book every two weeks or so. Especially since these are a lot shorter than the Outlander books. But, I don't want to leave anyone behind. But maybe we can put up a poll to that effect? See if there's any interest in shortening the window on these book klubs? That way we'll be closer to done when the new book comes out in May.
But I'm glad you're enjoying the series, and hope you'll come chat with us next Wednesday!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I think that would be a great idea.  There is no way that these books will last me more that a week.  I do understand, however; that there are people who read slower that I do.  My problem is that I am afraid to spoil it for others if I forget the sequence of things. For the Whiskey Rebels Klub, I made myself stop but these are like candy to me while the other was more like meat and potatoes.

By the way, I have a friend who looks so much like your picture that it's erie but it would make it next to impossible not to like you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
;D  Why thank you!

I'll go post a poll.  See if everyone would be into making the book klub for the SVM books shorter.  There's no way that the Outlander klub can do it, but these might lend themselves well to that.  Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Poll is up on the actual Book Klub thread.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Sorry that I didn't get on tonight.  I believe that since I am in California, that it is 6 p.m.  I have little kids and that is the family dinner time.  I look forward to reading it though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
No problem!  I post the questions, so you can answer there if you like.  I just hope you enjoy the series.  Also, if you're cooking, may I come eat at your house?  I don't keep food at my place. It just attracts bugs.  ;D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Have the comments persuaded you to buy either book so far?  I promise, if you want to stop lurking and comment, nobody here bites.  I mean, unless you invite them too, I guess.  ;D

G

·
kevindorsey said:
I need to check this show out and read the books. Sound very interesting.

I picked the DTB bundle pack because its the first 7 books and cheaper than buying the Kindle versions separately.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.