Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just to see if I can get her head to spin around like the chick in Exorcist...

;D

I started to send it via PM, but then I decided to share the laughs :)

ETA: Oh, dear. I just noticed a link to this in the comments - priceless!

·
Registered
199 Posts
*wiping tears of laughter* Good one!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Arkali said:

;D

I started to send it via PM, but then I decided to share the laughs :)
The real problem this is poking fun at is that typically people don't understand that artists are offering service and it's not like their work is free to them. They paid for whatever equipment, physical or digital, it took to create it, plus the sometimes ridiculous amount of time they pour into a project.

This is what sends people into such desperation as logo design contests.

G

·
modwitch said:
You want ***** to build you a house? Girl, you crazy... :D.
Hey, you are being very unsupportive of my dream of being a home builder! Look, just because I can't use a hammer or a saw or a drill or because I don't know how to read blueprints or because I have zero actual mechanical apititude does NOT mean you should crush my dream, lady! You are probably one of those elitist people that thinks all houses should have a roof that doesn't leak or a basement that doesn't flood. Well, maybe that is what those big corporate builders claim is professional, but I'm INDIE. You just don't recognize the brilliance of having a house that leans to one side. I mean, the people who build the Tower of Pisa didn't listen to the naysayers! Heck, the Coliseum doesn't even HAVE a roof and it is considered an architectural achievement.

What is the deadline to enter the contest, Arkali? ;D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO  5 pm.  I think that's a totally reasonable deadline, don't you?  :whistles innocently: ;)

G

·
Arkali said:
LMAO 5 pm. I think that's a totally reasonable deadline, don't you? :whistles innocently: ;)
OK, but on that tight of a schedule I will probably have to leave out the windows...

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
Hey, you are being very unsupportive of my dream of being a home builder! Look, just because I can't use a hammer or a saw or a drill or because I don't know how to read blueprints or because I have zero actual mechanical apititude does NOT mean you should crush my dream, lady! You are probably one of those elitist people that thinks all houses should have a roof that doesn't leak or a basement that doesn't flood. Well, maybe that is what those big corporate builders claim is professional, but I'm INDIE. You just don't recognize the brilliance of having a house that leans to one side. I mean, the people who build the Tower of Pisa didn't listen to the naysayers! Heck, the Coliseum doesn't even HAVE a roof and it is considered an architectural achievement.

What is the deadline to enter the contest, Arkali? ;D :D :D :D

LMAO! You are hysterical...always love your posts!

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
modwitch said:
Sigh. You hired that guy who will build a whole house for $5, didn't you?
Modwitch... He'd build the house and inspect it for $5.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Arkali said:
Can someone please get me the footage of this when it happens? I would like to see it.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MosesSiregarIII said:
Can someone please get me the footage of this when it happens? I would like to see it.
LOL If I catch it on film, I'm selling it ;D

@ MW / Bev / Rex:
:snerk: Y'all are killing me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That comic cracked me up!! :D That's how I feel about short story "contests" where it goes into someone else's anthology for exposure.

Oy vey. ::)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Arkali said:
LOL If I catch it on film, I'm selling it ;D
Honestly, the price doesn't matter. I will pay it.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
modwitch said:
You'd make a great fantasy writer...
You're one crazy lady if you think I'm opening myself up like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts