Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me a Kindle for Father's Day and purchased this case along with it.  Over the past couple of weeks my Kindle became disconnected from the mechanism that was meant to securely hold it in the case.  When I noticed it, I presumed that I forgot to connect it back properly, until it began happening more times. Just recently, my 1 month old $200 Kindle came flying out of the case as I was walking through a parking lot and landed face down on the pavement.  If you value your Kindle, do not buy this case.  Speck will not fix any damage done to your Kindle.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that.   I hope Amazon can help you even though it is the Speck cover that caused the issue.

Thanks for warning others!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I googled it since I never heard of them..looking at the pics of this dustjacket it seems the mount system barely holds the kindle, which is probably what most customers would like..but on first look it doesn't look safe to me. I really hope Kindle will cover your damage..and I would certainly inform Speck about what happened and see what they have to say about this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts