Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this isn't posted in the right place I apologize. I found out today that the third book in this series is coming out March 10th so I thought I would share them with you here and on Amazon. I personally love to read a series of books. I hate when you get so involved with characters and then they have the nerve to go away when the book is over..lol. My suggestion, for those who like Janet Evanovich books, is Lisa Lutz's Spellman Files. Their super funny and you really do end up rooting for all of the characters, who are very colourful to say the least. I read them originally as "real" books but have bought them again in Kindle format because they are just such a great read. Please post any recommendations. Anything is better then reading about kindle 1 vs kindle 2 all the time. I'm not the author nor am I gaining anything at all from this post. I just like to see what other people are reading besides the free stuff. I hope you enjoy them. And yes I know the second book is over $9.99 by a few pennies but really their worth it.

Amazon's review:
In a family of private investigators, privacy is nonexistent. The Spellman parents spy on the kids just as much as the kids spy on the parents. But after 28 years of this, middle child Isabelle wants out of the family business. Her parents agree, but only if she solves the 10-year-old cold case of a missing teenage. Amusing and entertaining, Lutz's tale of investigation, family and love is given an additional bemusing touch by Ari Graynor. She grasps the material and Isabelle's resigned disposition of both loving and loathing her family. She captures Isabelle's more emotional responses and the youthful tone of her younger sister, Rae. However, she is occasionally too breathy, literally blowing into the microphone. While these come off as sighs, they still seem to cross that line between narration and interpretation. The abridgment of some of the book's various subplots increases the speed of this already fast paced comedy-mystery.

Book 1
http://www.amazon.com/The-Spellman-Files-A-Novel/dp/B000NY11NS/ref=ed_oe_k

Book 2
http://www.amazon.com/Curse-Spellmans-Novel/dp/B0010SGRU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1235523275&sr=1-1

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation! Between your comparison to the Plum novels, and a recent Amazon reviewer's comparison to the TV show "Arrested Development", which I loved and still miss, it sounds like a winner to me. I'll give it a whirl.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I read the sample today.  Izzy is a bit like Steffie, but not a copycat like another series I started where even the names were similar. 

I liked what I read, and I'm definitely going to get the book as soon as my new GC's come in. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts