Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just because I'm new to Kindleboards, but I've found that I quickly have become addicted to reading these boards rather than reading my Kindle (or doing a number of other work and home projects!)

New New Year's Resolution:  Plan and use my time wisely! 

Now - back to work!  :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Since I'm using Kindle Boards as the entry-way to Amazon's website, where I do a lot of my product research (I like their descriptions and buyer reviews, regardless of where I end up buying). I usually check the latest posts and take a quick peak at a few threads I'm following. When I first joined (November) I was reading the Boards a lot -- to find out the ins-and-outs of Kindle, ask new-user questions and get Kindle book recommendations. I'm spending a lot more time reading the news now (I subscribed to the Kindle edition of NY Times) and am considering a KB book klub ... I might not get much else done this winter :)

Glynnis

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I too find myself spending more time on these boards than I probably should. 
I am also a member of a board related to cross stitch.  The women who participate on that board are spread over the world, so it's not likely that we're all on at the same time.  Most of the ladies post once or twice a day.  I normally only check that one once a morning, post my answers/questions, and I'm finished. 
My feeling has been that the kindleboard is as much of a social network as it is an information board.  The people are interesting, intelligent, caring and always willing to help in any situation.  As I've said in other threads, I do a great deal of my work at home and kindleboards has been a great way for me to connect daily with other folks.
I love kindleboard, and although I could probably be more productive if I stayed away, I don't see that happening any time soon.
debbie

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I had withdrawals today. I was flying from Fort Lauderdale, FL to San Jose, CA and just got to the hotel. First thing I did was come here, didn't even check my work email first. Since I will be working at one of the Dr.s offices for the next 8 days, I will probably be reading here less. When I'm home and in the office, I can check in more often. It is just so interesting and informative I love reading everything. I been on 1 day 23 hours and counting.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I took some pictures of my Kindle and my new purse...and attached the picture they had on their site so you can see the detail. When I get my cover I will post that too.

Picture of the purse from the site above.

My purse with my Kindle next to it.

The Kindle fits great in this pocket :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Neversleepsawink -

Gorgeous!  I love to see how creative people are with their covers and skins. (had no idea skins even existed until reading these boards)  I am still waiting for my M-Edge cover and an Oberon (Celtic knot) cover for my father-in-law's b-day.  I may end up switching if I love the Oberon.  Thanks for posting!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.