Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mary's question and the ensuing discussion about what is and isn't science fiction -- as well as Edward's statement that there is no Science Fiction>Time Travel on Amazon -- got me wondering.

Where exactly do you put a time travel that isn't time travel romance? (Which actually does have its own Amazon sub-category) The one I'll be publishing this fall actually is a romance, but it's a YA time travel romance, and there is no Teen>Science Fiction> Time Travel category (and anyway, there's no way to choose Teen in KDP -- you have to put it in Juvenile Fiction and hope for the best).

So while I'll probably be fine, what do authors who can't get into the Romance category -- or who wouldn't want to anyway? Do you use Alternate History, like Edward suggested?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hi Amanda,

The first couple of books I published dealt with time travel... but weren't romance. I put mine under Sci-Fi > Adventure and Fantasy > Historical.

It's a bit daft that there isn't a Time Travel option under the Science Fiction category.  :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts