Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new story about a young girl born to save a world. "The fate of 3 planets are linked by a "world gate." When one planet's resources are damaged by its inhabitants, a 16-year-old orphan girl's unique genetic ability to heal nature is their only hope. To accomplish this healing requires 3 people just like her. For the first time in her life, she realizes she's not alone, and now her true quest begins." Priced at $2.99

Available on Kindle at Amazon

I currently have 4 sales and 2 reviews. Both reveiwers have given Splintered: Sierra's Legacy 5 stars. My daughters have posted on facebook and I am now on GoodReads as well. Marketing is an interesting process, very time consuming.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Leslie Ann-

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had some great comments on my book so far. I love that one reviewer felt that is was a book of renewal as that is the goal. I am just resetting my proof on the Physical copy and should have that back to the press today. I will also be uploading Splintered: Sierra's Legacy to pub-it on Barnes and Noble and to Journalstone. I have had some wonderful help along the way, and really appreciate all those that have been there for me.

If you like Fantasy, a bit of Young Adult, light romance, a little suspense, and surprise this may be something for you to look into. I will be pricing it at .99 when my book releases, so keep it in mind for some lighted and uplifting summer reading. It begins just a bit dark, but don't let this fool you.

I am currently at 4 sales and 2-5 star reviews. Although one of the reviews may be my sister, LOL. I can't tell. I have sent a few more copies for review and hope I can keep a good pace.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have sold seven kindle versions so far. I have reviewed three reviews, all five stars. I have currently sent it out for review on several blog sites and hope to get some reviews in the next few weeks.
I have also uploaded to smashwords and hope to have the physical copy ready for its final phase in the next few weeks.

I have begun work on a prequel, Splintered: Mystery of the Missing Keeper.

Thanks,
Leslie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have garnered a few more sales, and I have brokered a few more readers for reviews. The marketing takes a great deal of time, but is also rewarding, especially when meeting new people.
I have met a few new people from the Kindle board through Good Reads and hope to have time to hook up with them.
I am also waiting with baited breath for my reviews to come through, it is a time consuming process, and while I have a few up, I guess that I need more validation. :-\

Have a wonderful day, if you are interested in reading and reviewing, drop me a line. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Arlene,
The word Splintered seems to be popular, I noticed it immediately on your book. Good luck and well and thank you for the comment. Book covers are a big decision and I hope I chose wisely.

Leslie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Will,
I appreciate you thoughts. I used a Shutter Stock image for the photo, they have some wonderful stuff, and went about putting it together that way. Even though is says it can not be used on POD, I called them and they said their contraint does not include book covers. Just read the licencing if you find anything of interest. There are sever different image places some allow more sales before the cost goes up, but I did not think I would have to worry with the amount of uses I was allowed. I hope that makes sense.  ??? Dreamtime.com and istock.com are two others I can think off, the pricing is very low.

Leslie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received another review, and although this one was only three stars, I was compared to Robert Jordan. That is never a bad thing, the reviewer liked my story but did not care for the writing style which they percieved as epic. That is why the comparison. I will have to look up Robert Jordan, I do not think I know his work although I have heard he is popular.

It is interesting to see how people perceive your work as the reviews roll in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am having my book edited currently to polish it up and to take out some redundancy. I have had 5-5 star ratings and 3-3 star ratings to date. Some redundancy has popped up and since I want to put out a great product, this is the direction I am taking. It seems like it will be a bit of a project and may hold my physical book up for another 6-8 weeks. Currently it is still available in kindle form, and will be uploaded with the new corrections at completion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am currently waiting quite patiently for my editor to send me the first few edited chapters. I would like to put Splintered: sierra's Legacy to rest. I am currently on my second book of this series as well as working on a Cozy mystery. I have several other books in the pike, some started and some just still in my imagination. I am having so much fun, but the waiting is difficult. I am sure I will be crushed by the editing, I have spent 8 months on is already, but I am so excited about the story I want it to be perfect or at least as perfect as it can be.
I expect to learn a little more as well through the edits, so even with the work ahead, I am excited.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have finally completed the long awaited edit on Splintered: Sierra's Legacy. If you would like to check out a sample of the work you can find it here https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66193. I will be redeeming coupons shortly for free copies. The updated kindle will also available in the next few days :D

Now on to my new work. Some of the editing was fun and creative, but some of it was very much like school work. UGG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.