Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of forums have a UBB "spoiler" tag that blacks over spoilers so people can discuss them and those who don't want to know can't see them.  If you want to read the spoiler, you left-click-mouse-over the blacked-out area.  (Like you're copying.)  This seems like an ideal feature for this forum, and should be readily available in the UBB How-To.

Or am I being presumptuous?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
My problem is I say I don't want to know - don't spoil it for me - but then if I know it is there, I can't resist peeking.  I'm weak!
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kirstin said:
My problem is I say I don't want to know - don't spoil it for me - but then if I know it is there, I can't resist peeking. I'm weak!
Well, you're a cat person. The two traits go hand-in-paw. ;)

I say that as a former and devoted cat owner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Well, you're a cat person. The two traits go hand-in-paw. ;)

I say that as a former and devoted cat owner.
ha ha ha :) Curiousity?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Kirstin said:
If it had worked, I would have peeked and smiled. :)
me, too... that is why hubby is giving me such a hard time about the early Christmas present issue... he wants me to have my Kindle all wrapped up just so he can watch the growing evidence that I have been secretly "peeking" each week between now and Christmas! :)

I love surprises, just don't tell me I have one coming... then I can't stand it!! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
so that's what that black box if for!  I saw it on a post today and thought we were being censored, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
vg said:
so that's what that black box if for! I saw it on a post today and thought we were being censored, lol
It is a neat little tool. Of course, my curiosity always gets the best of me and I can't resist and end up looking anyway!! It's a good thing 'spoilers' don't bother me... I can already know the whole story and still read it like it's the very first time!
Movie watching is the same way. I can watch a good movie over and over and I can read a good book over and over!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Angela said:
It is a neat little tool. Of course, my curiosity always gets the best of me and I can't resist and end up looking anyway!! It's a good thing 'spoilers' don't bother me... I can already know the whole story and still read it like it's the very first time!
Movie watching is the same way. I can watch a good movie over and over and I can read a good book over and over!
I'm funny, I can watch and rewatch or read and reread, but the first time, I don't want to know how it ends. And for things like sporting events I definitely don't want to know how it ends.

B.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I'm funny, I can watch and rewatch or read and reread, but the first time, I don't want to know how it ends. And for things like sporting events I definitely don't want to know how it ends.

B.
I agree with you!
I have the temptation to look, but then it ruins the whole story. There's something exciting about not knowing what's going to happen.

Erich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
I've always been one  of those people who would peek at the end of a book, if the main characters are in trouble, just to be sure it all ends up okay. Then I can keep reading happily. That is one thing that the Kindle makes very hard to do. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
I've always been one of those people who would peek at the end of a book, if the main characters are in trouble, just to be sure it all ends up okay. Then I can keep reading happily. That is one thing that the Kindle makes very hard to do. :)
I get a lot of flack from my DTB book club because I do that too!!!! Shows you are such a wonderful person!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,967 Posts
When I mouse over the spoiler block it shows without clicking the left mouse button. Doesn't really matter, I'd peek anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
^ Yep, that's how our spoiler code works. It doesn't make much to see the spoiler - - just a hover. So you have to be careful!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top