Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you report a review because it gives away too much of the plot? I got a review for Ain't No Sunshine which summarizes the entire book! It's also the first 2 star, but that isn't the point. The point is that all the other reviews were nice enough to not ruin the major plot twist. This rather long review reveals everything and then tops it off with a two star rating. It's also the first review to complain about typos. Can I report it or do I need to just let it go?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nope.

This is why I sometimes dislike reading reviews - I don't want spoilers. I usually stop reading any review the instant I get a whiff of a spoiler. I do appreciate it when the reviewer puts the word SPOILER so that I know I shouldn't read any further.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Many authors would be happy to have received the review.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I REFUSE to read spoiler reviews... no matter what star count it is.  I don't want the book ruined for me... and if I see the word SPOILER, I won't look at it.

I wouldn't worry so much about it.  

A review should just be the readers quick thoughts on the book.  I personally can't stand the HUGE spoiler reviews.  But that's me.

-jb 8)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sybil, I read the review, it does mention the 'spoiler alert' *********Spoiler Alert******* *********Spoiler Alert********** ******Spoiler Alert*****

Please don't read if you have an inkling to read the book, I truly don't want to spoil it for you. It was an interesting read. You can read this review after you've read the book.

*************Spoiler Alert**************** **********Spoiler Alert ***************

I am sure people won't read the review knowing the reviewer has reviewed the plot. I would forget it about it - you have more 4 and 5 stars to the only 2 star rating. I would move on and forget about this.

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Spoilers are sort of inevitable. Hopefully people who don't want to know the ending will skip over the parts that are too detailed. I know when I'm considering buying a book or movie I'm careful not to read the reviews too thoroughly because I'm afraid someone will give away too much. I just sort of skim them until I find one or two that show what the reviewer thought without going into too much detail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts