Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following Marcy Blesy's lead, I have added a page to my author site dedicated to spotlighting middle grade eBooks by other authors. The first book spotlight -- Sibel Hodge's "It's a Catastrophe" -- went live this morning and can be viewed at http://fegbooks.blogspot.com/p/mg-spotlight.html.

Authors of middle grade eBooks who would like to be included in the MG Spotlight, please contact me by email ([email protected]) with "MG Spotlight" in the subject line of your email. This new feature also will be promoted on my existing Pale Rambler blog that receives roughly 900 hits a month from all over the world. I have a day job, so to keep this manageable I plan on featuring one book a week on a first-come, first-served basis.

Have a great week!
Mark

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Thanks, Mark, sent you an e-mail.

Thanks for the opportunity!  :)      (Note to self:  I have to respond to Marcy as well.)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sibel: Thanks for the promotion through your tweet. There have already been quite a few hits to the MG Spotlight page.

Jena & Cblewgolf: Excellent! I'll respond to you shortly via email. And definitely respond to Marcy. This was all her idea, after all!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, Mark. Middle grade authors unite!    :) :). Maybe someday we'll be as big as horror or romance. Lol. For those needing my blog again: WWW.Marcyblesy.com.  Middle grade Monday is up today.  Mark, I will send you my info., too, for your blog!  Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marcy: Unite, indeed! This is turning out to be more fun than I thought it would. Please do send me the info for your book and I'll make sure it gets on the schedule!

C.E.: Thanks for participating. I received your email and have your book scheduled to be featured the week of Monday, April 1st. I'll send you a reminder email when it goes live so you can help promote the spotlight.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Very generous Mark.  An email should be there by now.

Co-marketing to generate a bigger footprint is one way to build cache faster, better and cheaper.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for participating! I will respond to your emails later today and let you know when your book will be featured.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks for hosting me last week, Mark.  The 2nd day you tweeted me (Thurs), I sold 6 paperbacks of FA.  Prior to that, I had sold 0!

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Mark Feggeler said:
Continuing with my weekly featuring of books for middle grade readers (ages 8-12), this week's Middle Grade Spotlight features "Timekeepers: A Revolutionary Tale" by J.Y. Harris.

http://fegbooks.blogspot.com/p/mg-spotlight.html

Anyone interested in adding their middle grade books to the weekly schedule, please email: [email protected]
Have a great week!
Thanks to Mark! He's great to work with. :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris: It was my pleasure! I hope the posting of your book was in some way responsible for the sales.

Simon: I received your email and will respond shortly. Thanks for participating!

Jena: Thanks for the compliment! I'm looking forward to developing a long list of books featured on the MG Spotlight over time.

Incidentally, the link is http://fegbooks.blogspot.com/p/mg-spotlight.html for any other authors interested in their books being featured. As a reminder, this is meant to spotlight books for Middle Grade Readers (ages 8-12), so please keep that in mind.
Thanks!
Mark

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to the great response, the next vacancy on the Spotlight calendar is for the week of May 20th!

If you have an ebook for middle graders (8-12) available through Amazon and would like to participate in the Middle Grade Spotlight, please email me at [email protected] To check out this week's Spotlight, go to http://fegbooks.blogspot.com/p/mg-spotlight.html.

Have a great week!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts