Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed a YA book blogger a while back about The Overtaking, pretty much begging her to read my book. She said she doesn't read self-published books in her guidelines, but I told her my book did have an offer from a major publisher, I just turned it down because I can get a better royalty on my own.

She said she would take the book!

So, I heard back from her today. She said, "As usual the summer is crazy busy, but I sat down with your book on Sunday and finished it on Monday.  I could barely put it down to get some sleep!  I can't wait for the next one!"

She's going to do an interview along with the review, and a book giveaway too! I'm so thrilled!!

Just had to share. :D

Vicki

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good for you! :)

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, right????

-jb 8)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
That's wonderful news!  That book deserves a big following.  I couldn't put it down either.  :)  Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope to change a few book bloggers minds about being open to the possibilities of reviewing indie work. I mean, it's getting to be more of a silly guideline now that traditionally published authors are moving to the indie scene. The lines are blurring.

Thanks, guys!

Vicki

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Vicki, you're the perfect example of the first piece of advice everyone gives for self-publishing: "First, write a good book." It may have been your persistence or bravery or whatever that got her to look at it, but it was the quality of your work that really mattered here:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
That's seriously cool, Vicki!  :D 

I love how you're like "but seriously--my book is just as good!" and changed her mind.  You ROCK!

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Awesome news, girl - way you go!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts