Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Dave Dykema. I work at a TV station in Ohio directing newscasts. I also try to get in a bit of writing when I have the time.

Fiction is my love, but I've also had success publishing reviews and articles. I like to write what I consider horrific thrillers, meaning they can be classified as horror/suspense/thriller tales, but have no supernatural elements.

STALKER is my first novel. The basic premise came to me when I was a student at Michigan State University and I realized I could get very close to people on campus without them seeming to notice. I remember I partook in one night of stalking "practice" to see if the idea was feasible, and then began writing.

Here's the product description:

Dan Freeman loves horror movies. After seeing the movie "Stalker," he gets very enthusiastic about it, emulating the title character and following innocent people around for fun and thrills. He wants to see how close he can get without getting caught. Close enough to eavesdrop on their cell phone conversations? Close enough to smell perfume? Close enough to touch?

Dan suspects his girlfriend of cheating on him. One night, while following her using his newfound skills, Dan finds out an awful truth.

Now the stalker becomes the stalked.

The sequel to STALKER is PHOBIA. Here's its description:

It's been a year since the events of STALKER. TV station WKBC hires Jerry Stevens to produce a freelance retrospective on the case. He flies to Hollywood, gathers the cast and crew of the movie "Stalker" together, and goes about conducting interviews. But someone has a different kind of reunion in mind--one that deals with another of director Brett Hanson's movies: "Phobia." Playing the part of the killer, a masked figure recreates moments drawn from the film, slaughtering individuals based on their specific fears.

Link to STALKER: (below)
Reviews are most welcome.

edited to add KindleBoards link. . .

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Dave Dykema said:
STALKER is my first novel. The basic premise came to me when I was a student at Michigan State University and I realized I could get very close to people on campus without them seeming to notice. I remember I partook in one night of stalking "practice" to see if the idea was feasible, and then began writing.
Interesting :p

Nice to meet you. Your books sounds like it'll be a good read so I picked it up, sight unseed ;D

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi Dave :) I just bought your book and look forward to reading it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Looks good! Great price too!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I am looking for a new book, might have to pick this one up

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
For 80 cents, I'll give it a try as it sounds interesting. But I probably won't get to it for awhile as I'm the middle of a long-ish scifi series that I won't finish for another week or so and I'm one of those weirdos that hates skipping around. :D

Welcome to KB and thanks for letting us know about your book!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind welcomes. I saw that the moderator added a link to my book, so I thank him/her for that. I've since added one to my signature and I'm curious to see if it works...

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I got it last night - who could resist for 80 cents? - and I'm really enjoying it so far. The main character reminds me of one of my friends - minus the creepy stalking obsession, of course. :p

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Dave. I went ahead and downloaded your book. It may be a while before I actually get around to reading it, since my TBR list is pretty long right now, but it sounds very interesting to me!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I finished Stalker last night. Wow, what a page-turner! For 80 cents, you're really getting your money's worth - but this is great stuff at any price. I highly recommend it to everyone.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks CS! That's quite a recommendation. Are you sure we aren't related?

(No, we're not).

It's just nice to hear an unbiased review. Glad you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to bump this, but at least I let it slip to the 5th page before I did it. ::)

I also want to let you know that "Wrong Number" is almost ready and should be up on Amazon by the end of next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I read this one.  Good mystery.......nice plot and will keep you on the edge of your seat.  I recommend it to all mystery lovers.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand as authors we're allowed to bump our book threads once a week.

Well, heck, it's been over 4 months since there's been a bump on this, so here it is.

Also, the version on Amazon Kindle now is an edited (cleaned-up) version. If you already bought the original and would like the newer version, you can email me at [email protected]

Dave

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just ordered it as well.  I have a few books to get through, but look forward to it - it sounds interesting!

Adele

1 - 20 of 61 Posts