Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning: Spoilers Ahead. Read at your own risk!

Warning: Geek conversation ahead. Read at your own risk!

Mike and I were playing SWTOR yesterday. He was playing his bounty hunter and I was playing my (light side V) Sith Warrior (Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to go through the Sith Warrior story light side?). We had just finished the Voss story arch and headed back to the ship. The Voss Ghost (who guides your Sith Warrior throughout the Voss storyline) appears and warns you that one of your own will betray you.

And I'm thinking, duh! I'm Sith. That has been par for the course with the story. Seems like every other planet a person who previously helped me comes back to try to stab me in the back. But I'm completely thinking he means some random NPC in the Empire that I interacted with previously in the storyline.

I get on my ship and have to go to Corellia. Usually at this point in the stories, there is an intermediate quest that involves boarding and attacking some random ship that has something you need before going to Corellia. This is generally one of those quests that require you to take a specific team member and/or assign your crew to different tasks to complete the mission.

So in this case, Darth Baras is trying to keep me from Corellia and has used his position on the Dark Council to put up a blockade to keep unauthorized ships from entering the planet's space. No ship without this special transponder with the necessary access codes can get through.

OK, crew huddle. Quinn thinks we can steal one from another ship that happens to be in the sector. Pierce states matter-of-factly that doing this means a lot of Imperials will probably die because they aren't just going to hand over the item. But hey, I'm not just a Sith Warrior. I am the Emperor's Wrath damnit. They will obey or die (Or maybe I'll get a light side option to just ask them nicely for the item. Because that DOES actually happen at a few points if you have a high enough light side rating).

So we board the ship, with Quinn in toe (because he's healing spec and has been healing the entire game).

And then Quinn tries to kill me! This character is my Sith Warrior's hubby, and he tries to kill me because he is still loyal to Baras. The entire thing was a set up to get me off my ship and away from the rest of the crew.

And then my perfect Light Side V rating gets destroyed because I force choke the heck out of him and throw him against the wall a couple of times for good measure.

Mike is sitting next to me laughing. "I thought you were playing light side?"

"He tried to kill me!"

And this is where the conversation takes on of those terms that only seems logical to us hardcore gamers.

"Are you gonna kill him?" Mike asks.

"Eh, that's not one of the options. Damnit. Just as well. We still need the healer," I say.

"Mako [one of the Bounty Hunter's crew NPCs] can heal for now on."

"Eh, then I have to respect tank or get gear for Broomark to tank." [Blizz has been tanking up until this point]

"I'll respec tank."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I know you prefer to DPS."

"Aw, thank you, honey."

"Besides, I don't trust that bastard to heal anymore."

·
Registered
715 Posts
Rofl, that's the one problem with playing Imperial side; everyone close is trying to kill you. I've just started a Jugg going Immortal tree and and light side. I'm going to take Vette with me all the way up. Luckily my Level 42 Smuggler saved all the Heavy armor gear she ran across and mailed it to my new Warrior.

It will be interesting when Patch 2.0 goes in and the nerfs and whines complaints start.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
This is why I never play full light or dark side. I find it difficult to be a jerk even on my Imps so they end up being light side, but both my Imps and my Republic characters will choose a dark side option if it fits how I play them. It makes it more fun that way, though I will admit to hovering over the options and weighing the pros and cons when it came to a dark choice I really wanted to make sometimes. I had a betrayal of a sort, but not quite that bad. I was on my smuggler and always brought Akavi along because she can fight and I was trying to get my affection up with her because I'd maxed the other people I cared about. We run across this Togrunta and apparently she really hates them. I got -850 affection or something ridiculous like that, like three times more than I've ever seen someone gain or lose, just for accepting the Togrunta's quest! I made no decisions or anything, I just accepted her quest. Needless to say I went back to my wookiee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scheherazade said:
This is why I never play full light or dark side. I find it difficult to be a jerk even on my Imps so they end up being light side, but both my Imps and my Republic characters will choose a dark side option if it fits how I play them. It makes it more fun that way, though I will admit to hovering over the options and weighing the pros and cons when it came to a dark choice I really wanted to make sometimes. I had a betrayal of a sort, but not quite that bad. I was on my smuggler and always brought Akavi along because she can fight and I was trying to get my affection up with her because I'd maxed the other people I cared about. We run across this Togrunta and apparently she really hates them. I got -850 affection or something ridiculous like that, like three times more than I've ever seen someone gain or lose, just for accepting the Togrunta's quest! I made no decisions or anything, I just accepted her quest. Needless to say I went back to my wookiee.
See, we cheat. We use the Star Wars wiki to make sure we know each characters likes/dislikes. And then it there is an issue like that...back out of the conversation and swap companions real quick to get the right affection. I was doing this on Belsavis a few times when dealing with the Jedi during the class quest. I'd swap out from Quinn to Jaesa just before starting conversations so I could get the affection with her for being nice. You do have to be careful, however, because if you play the hand wrong as soon as you come out of the conversation a combat starts and you are stuck with the wrong companion.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I definitely would have cheated in this instance but it seriously happened as I accepted the quest and the conversation exited.

·
Registered
12,230 Posts
Heh heh. So funny you mention this game. My husband just kicked me off the kitchen computer so he could play it. If anybody sees a hot sith chick running around, say hi. She's my husband.  :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dara England said:
Heh heh. So funny you mention this game. My husband just kicked me off the kitchen computer so he could play it. If anybody sees a hot sith chick running around, say hi. She's my husband. :D
Your hubby is enlightened, then. Mike won't play female characters because then the romance options freak him out. ;D

I believe that all the complaining when the game first launched regarding no gay/lesbian romance options had nothing to do with actual equal rights and everything to do with straight guys wanting to play lesbians.

Just my opinion, based solely on the men I know who play the game. ;D ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts