Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on the forum...there are 6 font sizes; go to such and such and scroll down, you can see actual sizes...20 point being the largest.  Not but 4 posts later...Can I zoom the font?

WHAT is YOUR biggest forum pet peeve?  Just for kicks.  Mine is just plain stupidity in general...like; do pencils have lead? 

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think that I become a mite upset with someone who has purchased a Kindle, but hasn't taken even a moment to read even the basic instructions  before asking a basic question on the forum.  "My Kindle is frozen, what do I do?"
Well first off, you could get the answer in a few moments by looking in the printed user's guide under 'troubleshooting', so you look there!"

I think we all should tell those people to order Leslie's book.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you see me get so mad that I said, "Oprah's Kindle is not gold; it's white Plastic just like mine?  I laughed at my own self for letting it get to me that bad.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My pet peeve are the people who try to inject politics into the Amazon Kindle forum. I do,however, get a kick out of most of the trolls.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Susan B said:
My pet peeve are the people who try to inject politics into the Amazon Kindle forum. I do,however, get a kick out of most of the trolls.
One more week to go, then we can all breathe a sigh of relief. No more commercials, no more debates...

Vote Pat Paulsen!

-ZING!-

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
This is turning into a pet peeve. I've noticed it the past few days.

People start a thread with the subject "Kindle." When I open it, it says 1) Can I use the Kindle in ________? or 2) Are there textbooks on the Kindle? Argh! It's sort of like they know we're sick of the international and textbook questions and have to sneak them in in stealth mode.

L

·
Registered
52 Posts
The ones that have a tendency to annoy me are the "Can I use the Kindle in Australia?" Next post: "Wil the Kindle work in Peru?" Next post: "Does it work in Africa?" Next post: "Can I use the Kindle in France?" I guess the feeling is that even though the Australian person was told it only works in the US, that doesn't really mean it won't work in Peru or Africa or France, does it?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
oddsoxx said:
The ones that have a tendency to annoy me are the "Can I use the Kindle in Australia?" Next post: "Wil the Kindle work in Peru?" Next post: "Does it work in Africa?" Next post: "Can I use the Kindle in France?" I guess the feeling is that even though the Australian person was told it only works in the US, that doesn't really mean it won't work in Peru or Africa or France, does it?
And then, the kicker. "Okay, I understand it doesn't work in Australia, Peru, Africa, and France and it only works in the US, but will the Kindle work in Canada?"

or....

"I live in Canada but only 50 miles from the US, so will it work for me?"

L

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
FAQ Person said:
This is turning into a pet peeve. I've noticed it the past few days.

People start a thread with the subject "Kindle." When I open it, it says 1) Can I use the Kindle in ________? or 2) Are there textbooks on the Kindle? Argh! It's sort of like they know we're sick of the international and textbook questions and have to sneak them in in stealth mode.

L
I've gotten to where I don't even open up the threads that just use "Kindle" for the subject line. If they can't be bothered to be more descriptive in the subject, I'm afraid I can't be bothered to help out. :p

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The ones that get me are the ones that want the Kindle to do everything including fix them breakfast. :) Don't they understand it's an ebook not the fix all your problems reader.  If Amazon includes everything they want it will weigh 20 lbs and have 20 things to break or go wrong with it.  I like it the way it is, except they could add folders to the software, but that should be just a software upgrade.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My pet peave has got to be the posts w/ the subject line "Kindle". OK, I thought it was a kindle discussion board, but yours must really be on topic. Then you open it and it says something like "Does anyone have a kindle near Columbus Ohio?" Don't you think they'd get a better response if they had Columbus Ohio in their subject line? Or if they posted in the "See a kindle in your city" discussion? I'm pretty impatient w/ stupid people.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It's getting to the point I don't even want to check over there anymore - it's not fun discussion at all like it used to be!  Even with the posts saying "READ THROUGH DISCUSSIONS BEFORE POSTING" hasn't deterred these morons.  I've had fun with them all the way back to the forums when we were all waiting for our kindles back in February/March.  Now it's just irritating.  Thanks for starting this forum, this is way better!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thanks, Jen! I appreciate it! Although I didn't start the forum -- Harvey did that. I just gave it a kickstart.

Some poor guy posted this morning..."Where's the @ sign for email?" and I replied, "On your keyboard between the space and /." He did say he felt pretty foolish after posting that!

L

·
Registered
509 Posts
Interviewer: "Pat Paulsen, you're a comic and you're running for President. How are you quailified for this nation's highest office?"

Paulsen: "I can run the country just as funny as anybody else."

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Gables Girl said:
The ones that get me are the ones that want the Kindle to do everything including fix them breakfast. :)
It won't fix breakfast? Oh, darn, I'm sending mine back (just got it today!)

Betsy True
Mine came today!!!
Alexandria, VA

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have also noticed that there seems to be a significant increase in duplicate postings. Not sure why. Every thread I have ever started posted instantly. I never posted a second thinking the first one wasn't there.

L

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have also noticed that there seems to be a significant increase in duplicate postings. Not sure why. Every thread I have ever started posted instantly. I never posted a second thinking the first one wasn't there.

-QF

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
quickfics said:

-QF
Leslie grabs her blue margarita and dumps it on Quickfics head...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts