Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for all the kind words, y'all! (It's probably easier for me to accept them than Steph, lol. She's a big blusher.)

@Jim-
I've been a KB member for a couple years now, and I didn't know about the Yellow Pages! Thanks for the tips.

ETA: Wait, lol, where are the Yellow Pages? Or am I misunderstanding?

@Meb-
Lol. I hope she doesn't charge too much! ;P

@Sophrosyne-
I think her process depends on the project. I know she starts with stock photography for most covers, and then customizes it, but I'm sure she would be open to doing original art as well. It just might be a slight up-charge for the extra time involved. In either case, the author does not have to supply the art -- Stephanie will find images based on the story and the author's input.

· Registered
307 Posts
I'm another fledgling cover designer with much graphic design experience but breaking into covers. Your friend is very talented!

I started hanging out here and asking for advice last week, and I already have my first cover! I'm currently tweaking it. It's a new field for me, so she may want to try what I'm also doing; offering to design for a very reduced price while I get my feet wet and make sure I am designing correctly to meet authors' needs.

I will also be checking out the blogs and links mentioned above. I think there is room for a lot of designers in this field, and I think Indie authors will benefit from adding professional design to their covers. Thanks all!

· Registered
391 Posts
Kristan Hoffman said:
Stephanie has now registered for KB but is still getting the lay of the land. In the meantime, she has gotten 2 requests for cover designs already (including one trilogy), so thanks so much for y'all's help and support!

Here's her new design page with sample covers and easy contact form: http://stephaniemooney.blogspot.com/p/design.html

And just for fun, here's a painting she just did for a friend of ours that is moving away:

I love this! Will definitely contact her when ready for a cover. Her prices are so reasonable at only $50 too. Thanks for posting this, though I'm not at that point, I've wondered where to go for a professional looking cover as it seems to make such a difference.

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
ShaunaG said:
I emailed her but never heard back, must be too busy. Too bad. :-\
No, that doesn't sound right at all! She must have missed it somehow. I'll message her and let her know.

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
ShaunaG-
She said she replied to your email twice. Did you check your spam filter? Sounds like the email services are not playing nicely together. :(

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Great! I'm so glad y'all were finally able to connect. :)

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Since I just did a guest post on book covers (as part of a month-long "Indie Author Bash" at the blog All Things Books), I was looking through Stephanie's covers. She's got some new ones that I really love:

· Registered
221 Posts
Wow, she seems really talented, that painting is beautiful. The yellow pages here is a great place to find cover designers, proof readers, etc. so she should get listed there. I'll be needing a book cover in the new few months so I'll contact her about her rates.
Best of luck to her.
John

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Whoops, haven't posted here in a while, but Steph has been doing some awesome design work, both on covers and websites. Here's the cover she just did for my boyfriend's book, which we are re-issuing in print soon and have newly digitized, along with another cover and a website:

Steph also has a new site/url just for her design work coming soon, but for now you can find her at http://www.stephaniemooney.net/p/design.html.

· Registered
3,830 Posts
Kristan Hoffman said:
Oh, I should add: She's a writer herself, so she definitely understands our world. :)

Wow, thanks for all the responses and interest already!! I literally just mentioned this to her last night, and emailed her like 20 min ago about KB, so I imagine she'll start poking around soon. For now I'll continue to be her spokesperson, lol.

She recently started a blog -- http://stephaniemooney.blogspot.com/ -- and in her Flickr photostream, I found a DVD cover she did:

That cover is absolutely stunning! Bookmarked!

· Registered
2,770 Posts
EntangledLewis said:
I think her work is stunning.
Glad you posted this info on your friend. I clicked on over to her site and made note of it. Her work is smart and classy. I definitely will remember her. :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.