Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read alot of writing websites and at one time I was totally gonna be a screenwriter, (even having a script of mine place in a contest and then being flown out to LA for meetings, what a surreal week that was!) and spent countless time at work surfing the web, trying to gleam little nuggets of info instead of writing. One of the sites I regularly visited was Terry Rossio and Ted Elliot's site "Wordplayer", which has a treasure trove of articles by many, many screenwriters and writers. As I was once again perusing the site, I came across this article by none other than Stephen King and thought his advice could help many of us aspiring writers here on the boards. And if you haven't read his fantastic How To, "On Writing", I would highly recommend it.

http://www.wordplayer.com/pros/pr13.King.Stephen.html

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Great article. Thanks for posting it.

My favorite part:

If I can say anything important to writers who are still learning the craft of fiction, it's this: imagery does not occur on the writer's page; it occurs in the reader's mind. To describe everything is to supply a photograph in words; to indicate the points which seem the most vivid and important to you, the writer, is to allow the reader to flesh out your sketch into a portrait.

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
swolf said:
Great article. Thanks for posting it.
+1!

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts